“THE place for breakfast!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Description: List on this site http://www.marathontexas.com/dining/#
Description: List on this site http://www.marathontexas.com/dining/#
Austin, Texas
“THE place for breakfast!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Our family had breakfast here after a camping trip in Big Bend. What a great place! From the pancakes, to the migas and breakfast enchiladas, we enjoyed everything! The waitstaff was fun and engaging.

Visited March 2014

Houston, Texas
“Long wait for sub-par food”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We waited an hour for our food and it was not worth the wait. We ordered the chicken fried steak. It was just ok. Luckily I had asked that they put the gravy on the side, because the gravy was awful. Potato salad wasn't good either. We were very patient until we saw people being served that had come in long after we did. When I asked the waitress if our food was coming out soon she curtly said that there were lots of orders ahead of ours and we would just have to wait. If this hadn't been the only place open we would have left. Apparently they decided to give their stressed staff a few days off before the busy season so they shut down for the next several days. No loss there. Johnny B's down the road was better anyway.

• Visited March 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Boy - I Wish I Lived in Marathon to Eat Here Often”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

After a night at the Marathon Motel we were looking for breakfast and found a gem. The coffee shop has a great atmosphere with 80s country music playing and a super "cook" behind the counter and friendly server. Coffee was only $1.50 and it included free refills - are you kidding? They had vanilla creamer and the coffee was very good (could have been stronger but I was satisfied). We had pancakes and they were wonderful. A single pancake filled me up and the thing cost $2.25!! My husband had a couple of blueberry pancakes and he agreed they were delicious. He also enjoyed sausage patties. I noticed several other diners with full plates of food. Each plate contained eggs of some type and other breakfast goodies and each plate was topped with a nice sized, whole, fresh jalapeño. They looked great and I wished I was spending another night in town as I walked out. I will be back the next time I am back in this part of Texas.

Visited March 2014
Houston
“Always stop here on my way to Big Bend!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Love this dive! Nothing fancy, just very friendly folks and tasty food! I always stop here for lunch heading into the park, or breakfast on the day I leave (if they are open).

• Visited December 2013
Jefferson, Oregon
“Closed Tuesday & Wednesday”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

According to another website, they are open 7 to 3 everyday. That information is wrong. The hours posted on the business show they are open 7 to 3, Thursday through Monday. We didn't get to eat there due to our schedule conflicting with theirs. It is right across the street from the Gage Hotel.

Visited November 2013