“Overall a lovely hotel with great service”

Best Western Plus Manvel Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Manvel
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was the best stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel when you are in this area. Rooms have ceiling fan, computer desk and are very well maintained. Have business center, fitness room, guest laundry, and hot delicious breakfast. I peeked at the indoor pool with spa, and it looks very clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Overall a lovely hotel with great service. Would definitely recommend a stay here. Price was very re...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice. Once in June. Once in July.

The rooms are spacious. They have ceiling fans! My single room had a couch, chair, and TWO ceiling fans. Not only are the rooms spacious...but they are nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable, but the linens were lacking. I asked for an extra blanket and I was treated with suspicion by the owner of the hotel.

The hot breakfast was the same each day. Scrambled eggs and sausage links along with the standard Continental fare. I had to wake up the owner one morning to get breakfast ready. He lied to me and said breakfast would be ready in a few minutes. It was a lot longer than that. I woke him up to ask for a "Do Not Disturb" sign because I work nights and did not want housekeeping during the day.

The Internet service was poor at best.

We had a problem with our company credit card. Instead of calling our rooms or our cell phones...they locked us out of our rooms. I've had problems before. Most of the hotels call us on the house phone to get things right. This guy locked out of my room away from my belongings without trying to contact me first. I did not care for it.

The bright spot of the place is Lisa. She is the customer service rep during the day. She checked me in twice. She ROCKS~ I am giving the "service a four rating" based on Lisa alone.

So...the hotel is nice. I liked my room. The Internet was not good. The breakfast sucked. The location is not the greatest in the world even though you can walk to a convenience store and a medicre restaurant next door.

The husband and wife owner team need to take a course on "how to treat people like you would want to be treated" or "how to improve your customer service skills."

I would not recommend this hotel based on the way I was treated during my stay. I've even given myself a "cooling off period" to see how I really feel. I stayed there twice. I can honestly say I would never stay there again based on the attitudes of the owners even though I really liked the rooms.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you value nice linens on your beds...good Internet....good customer service from...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 86goodintentions
Reviewed July 16, 2012

II would not recommedn this hotel to a friend because the management is very lacking in meeting the needs of the groups of people staying there. They complained that our kids were tracking water across the floors to the desk to get swim towels, but would not put the towels IN the pool area so that would not happen. Also, they would not allow us to use the breakfast area in the evening so that a whole group of at least 45 people in town for a funeral could get together in one room. WE were ALL (18 families) staying at this hotel 2-3 nights each. They wanted us to pay $167 extra to use the room to meet in, and it wasn't until we stayed in the area next to the desk for several hours and it was bothering them that they allowed us to move to the room. By the way, we left the breakfast room much cleaner than we found it.
The rooms were very clean, fresh, and new looking, but they would not just place 4 towels in our room daily as we asked. They made us go down daily to the desk to get them, even though we had 4 adults staying in the room. Also, we had to use the computer to write an obituary and other funeral business, and there was never a trash can in the computer room, so people had put dirty kleenex and other trash on the desk and floor.

Room Tip: Take your room towels to the pool, as there are none there. If you want pool towels, you will have y...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2012

we stayed the night of march-2-2012, clean and tastefully furnished, seems like brand new hotel, right of the highway but quiet. We had dinner in alvin tx at Joe's Bq, food was great there.

Room Tip: back of the hotel is alway;s good, they did have an indoor pool
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank leeuwarden
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Manvel Inn & Suites on 11/23/11 and 11/2411. It was very clean and the rooms smelled good. The room we stayed in had a desk & chair, microwave, refrigerator and plenty of seating. Great price!!

Room Tip: Great Price!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank IslandGirl055
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I found out this hotel opened in May 2009 as a Best Western Plus (intermediate grade) property. Everything is new, with all the amenities for business or leisure. The location on TX Highway 6 is relatively remote between TX 288 freeway and TX 35 in Alvin. There are other hotels in Alvin, some new, but this hotel will beat them on price.

We booked a double king, which I have never seen anywhere else. This was a real perk traveling with a family and made sleeping very comfortable. The room was right sized, not too big or small. There was a desk & chair, microwave, refrigerator, and sitting chair with plenty of space for suitcases. There was also a ceiling fan overhead for those who prefer some air movement instead of relying strictly on the competent AC unit. The bathroom was very nice, done in tile and synthetic granite. There was a phone jack in the bathroom which is something used to see in luxury hotels 30 years ago. The fitness room is small but nicely equipped with a treadmill and bowflex unit but you have to know how to set up the pulleys as there are no directions included. The hot breakfast was average but there are enough items to choose from and everybody should find something they like.

There are limited services at this location as this section of Highway 6 is still relatively undeveloped. To the west about a mile there are convenience stores, gasoline, and fast food at TX 288. To the east is the small village of Manvel which has very little, but more convenience, gas, and a car wash close by. About 10 miles further is Alvin which has many services and some restaurants.

There is a concrete mix plant just NE but not directly adjacent to the property. The noise level was low, but constant during working hours and in the early morning. I did not see any dust issues outside in the parking lot.

The one negative was a strong odor of mildew in the second floor hallway. It was not obvious where this was coming from but the room smelled fresh and clean. I notified the front desk about the issue.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SeenEnough2Know
Reviewed December 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Manvel Inn & Suites the night of Thanksgiving and the night after. We were going to visit Galveston the day after Thanksgiving and then pick up my mother in Houston the next day. We found a much better deal at this location than we could in Galveston. We stayed in a king room with a kitchenette--it had a small refrigerator, a cooktop and a microwave. I found it strange that the cabinets of the kitchenette had nothing in them--so if you want to cook at this hotel, be sure and bring your own equipment. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was nicely equipped. There was an adequate variety of breakfast foods, but they were not replenished very well (this could have been due to short staffing over the holiday). Otherwise, the staff was very friendly and helpful--they directed us to nearby Pearland to find some food, since the local restaurants were closed on Thanksgiving. On Friday after we returned from Galveston, we had dinner at the Mexican restaurant next door to the hotel, and the food was delicious.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank marshaw446
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manvel
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Alvin/Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Alvin
Country Regency Inn & Suites
Best Western Pearland Inn
Best Western Pearland Inn
#6 of 11 in Pearland

Been to Best Western Plus Manvel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!