“It was a nice dinner with my wife”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #59 of 158 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
“It was a nice dinner with my wife”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I was kind of hesitant about going there from some of the reviews I've read, but I'm glad we went. We arrived at about 7:30 on a Friday evening, and we were seated right away. The waitress was very nice and helpful the whole time. She put food in take home catainer for my wife.
The food was realy good. It came at a reasonable time.

Dallas, Texas
“Subpar”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family and I ate at this Olive Garden in Mansfield last night and the food wasn't that great. I have ordered the Tour of Italy many times at other Olive Gardens but at this one it was overcooked. Our drinks were watery the first and second time. We ordered the Smoked Mozzerella Fonduta and it was disgusting but we ate it anyway! lol

Visited February 2013
“Good food poor service”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The food is typical Olive Garden food so you can count on that but the service has been poor since Day 1. We only go when we know we have plenty of time. Even soup and salad lunch can be slow. But food is always got and fresh!

Arlington, Texas
“Not such good service - but they made it right”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The restaurant is fairly new so my review takes that into account. There is always a learning curve to get past for the employees and management.
A group of four met there to celebrate a birthday party with a good italian meal. We waited along with others in the lobby while the staff milled around with no one seating people. We were finally seated- and ordered with no issues. But when the food arrived the salad came dry- someone forgot the dressing (which is what makes the salad what it is!) We could not locate our waitperson and finally had to ask someone else to assist us. Our waitperson returned and would not remove the salad and start over and instead brought us too small portions of salad dressing. Then the main course. One ordered spaghetti and meat balls and that is exactly what he got - with no tomato sauce whatsoever. Again, after finding the waitperson she brought him some sauce instead of a fresh prepared entree. I had ordered a side of spaghetti. It just never arrived so I asked it be taken off the bill.
I responsed to their invitation to take their survey and stated just what happened. The manager of the store contacted my wife and took steps to make it right. We were pleased with that. So, what would have been a one star visit, ends up being a three star visit. It was not a good visit. But the place is new and the manager did take interest in our story. We will try it again and see what it is like now that it has been open for a while.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!