“Uninspired at best”

Blue Mint Thai & Asian Cuisine
Ranked #23 of 158 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roanoke, Virginia
“Uninspired at best”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Visited Blue Mint with optimism, still looking for a great Thai restaurant on this side of town. Blue Mint is situated with a number of other places to eat in a newer strip mall type center. The decor is nice and the place appears clean. It wasn't very busy but it was 7pm. We were quickly seated and the air was on so strong that I was very cold, despite the heat outside. We both ordered hot tea, which was brought out in a single cup. There was no flavor in the tea bag no matter how much the tea steeped. During our entire meal, the waitress noted that we needed tea. Finally a waiter took my cup and refilled the water, leaving me with the same old tea bag.

We looked at the menu and spotted a picture that looked delectable. I asked the waitress which item that was and she replied that it was the duck, however the duck there didn't look like that at all. We moved on to order an appetizer, the Blue Mint Platter--- this was fried tofu, corn cakes, spring rolls and chicken satay. The chicken had no flavor at all, The peanut sauce was obviously out of a jar. The sweet chili sauce was good. The tofu had no flavor either and we didn't eat them. The corn cakes were eatable as were the spring rolls but nothing to write home about. Our main course was the Mussamun Curry. It was cooked hot, like I like it. However, there was no interplay of flavors, just heat. Mostly soup, not much beef. Sad....at least the rice was good.

• Visited July 2012

dallas12345
“Love this place!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Try the fresh rolls and the fried rice. Yummy! I went again last week. The management is friendly and responsive, which makes this place a favorite lunch destination.

Grand Forks, ND
“Great local change of pace.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I have dined there a number of times. Which basically tells the whole story. We have both been able to find favorite dishes that we really enjoy. My opinion of a dining establishment rises or falls on the food. Try the crispy fish, you love it.
The atmosphere is pleasant and clean, but is a bit sterile and understated.
The servers are responsive and friendly. They know the menu, but last visit our server was wearing jeans.

“Love the chicken fried rice for lunch”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Nice place, nice price on the lunch menu. My friends like the wide noodles. They deliver some places.

• Visited November 2011