“More than just Italian!”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Gondola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 165 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

La Gondola is one of our favorite places to frequent in Mansfield. Great steaks and italian food. The garlic bread is straight from the oven every time and is out of this world! My favorite is the Filet Oscar and my husbands favorite is their lamb specility. The shrimp and chicken penne with white wine sauce is my favorite italian menu item. Service is great, but not pushy. There is alive music on Friday nights which really enhances the dining experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went for the first time Saturday night. We waited 20 minutes for a table, and I thought this was a positive because the restaurant was popular. We were seated by the Hostess, and the Waitress came quickly to take our drink order. That's where the promptness ended. Service was below average from then till the time we left. The food was just mediocre at best.

2  Thank s3aGrampy
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

La gondola in Mansfield Tx has got to be one of the best Italian on the Metroplex, Great food, great staff,great service.my wife and I found this restaurant 5 yrs ago and now make it a point to enjoy their cuisine every 4-6 weeks( yes it's that good).The crab cakes are to die for, their steaks are so good,especially the Oscar "my favorite" although not available all the time.usually if that's the case I will order the Poivre, it has a mustard cognac sauce which just compliments the steak w/ every bite.a few of our other favorites are their veal which is served 4 or 5 different ways. (All great!) also their Penne is so good. My wife is a big fan of their chicken parmigiana. On those days my wife and I want a good meal but just don't feel like eating out we will call in the order for pick up. I really can't say enough about this restaurant.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This retaurant is outstanding. The lunch menu is excellent and very reasonable. I had the seafood pasta with red sauce. It included fresh mussels, clams and calimari that is flown in daily.
The fact that the shellfish would be so fresh and on a lunch menu really surprised me. In addition to that, the amount of shellfish was very generous and went so well with the red sauce, which was recommended to me by theowner Susanna. This lunch special was only $11 and included a house sald with fresh made Italian dressing and garlic bread.The lemoncello desert was excellent at $6. This is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever been in. Try it, you will not regret it. The service is not too pushy so please do not be offended if it is not like some chain restaurants where the waiter is always bothering you. This is more of a European style of service.
The owner has extensive Italian restaurant experience here and outsside of this area, and it shows. Buon appetito e grazie a Susanna.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ok so I have only been here twice, but both times the food and service was excellent. It's not your run of the mill cheap Italian fare...the chef is quite knowledgable about his craft. Eggplant parmesan is wonderful, their spaghetti is great with the meat sauce, the garlic bread is addictive, and their lemoncello cake is melt in your mouth. I highly recommend this place if you love Italian food you will love La Gondola.