“I just love this place.”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Ranked #2 of 160 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Arlington, Texas, United States
“I just love this place.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

La gondola in Mansfield Tx has got to be one of the best Italian on the Metroplex, Great food, great staff,great service.my wife and I found this restaurant 5 yrs ago and now make it a point to enjoy their cuisine every 4-6 weeks( yes it's that good).The crab cakes are to die for, their steaks are so good,especially the Oscar "my favorite" although not available all the time.usually if that's the case I will order the Poivre, it has a mustard cognac sauce which just compliments the steak w/ every bite.a few of our other favorites are their veal which is served 4 or 5 different ways. (All great!) also their Penne is so good. My wife is a big fan of their chicken parmigiana. On those days my wife and I want a good meal but just don't feel like eating out we will call in the order for pick up. I really can't say enough about this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013

kansas
“Best Italian cuisine to be found anywhere”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This retaurant is outstanding. The lunch menu is excellent and very reasonable. I had the seafood pasta with red sauce. It included fresh mussels, clams and calimari that is flown in daily.
The fact that the shellfish would be so fresh and on a lunch menu really surprised me. In addition to that, the amount of shellfish was very generous and went so well with the red sauce, which was recommended to me by theowner Susanna. This lunch special was only $11 and included a house sald with fresh made Italian dressing and garlic bread.The lemoncello desert was excellent at $6. This is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever been in. Try it, you will not regret it. The service is not too pushy so please do not be offended if it is not like some chain restaurants where the waiter is always bothering you. This is more of a European style of service.
The owner has extensive Italian restaurant experience here and outsside of this area, and it shows. Buon appetito e grazie a Susanna.

• Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Been twice and both times it was really nice”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ok so I have only been here twice, but both times the food and service was excellent. It's not your run of the mill cheap Italian fare...the chef is quite knowledgable about his craft. Eggplant parmesan is wonderful, their spaghetti is great with the meat sauce, the garlic bread is addictive, and their lemoncello cake is melt in your mouth. I highly recommend this place if you love Italian food you will love La Gondola.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Italian at its finest”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Dining at La Gondola is such a wonderful experience. They take reservations. Upon entering your greeted promptly and seated. Your waiter/waitress welcomes you and proceeds with the menu and wine list or drink selection. They recite the specials for the evening and leave you till you make a decision. Nothing is rushed or pushed. Its a very relaxed atmosphere.
A generous portion of italian bread is served. It is excellent I might add.
I have been coming to La Gondola for about two years and I have never had a bad experience or meal. All the wait staff are very relaxed, friendly, and efficient. Ask for James as his service is impeccable. The food is always top notch. Portion size is just right. I always look forward to meeting family and friends for dinner at La Gondola because I know it will always be an enjoyable night. Bon appitite!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank mg655
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Love that we have such great Italian food right here in Mansfield! Great place for date night or for friends night out. Pricier than chain Italian places but worth every penny! The eggplant parmesan is the best I've ever had!

1 Thank jillmoore0404