“So Authentic, so delicious, but management is indifferent to issues”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Gondola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 164 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant is one of the best that Mansfield has to offer. Absolutely delicious italian food. They also have live music and a nice bar area. It is very comfortable and a great date night destination.

What is missing here is if you have an issue, the owner, who is often on site, does not address the issue, or attempt to correct it. Last Christmas I made a Christmas Eve reservation there a month in advance. When we arrived after Christmas Eve services with a family friend, they tried to seat the five of us at a four top with a chair pulled up to the end. I dont think so!!!

We explained how this was unexeptable and no one acknowledged our complaint at all. The following week I stopped by to talk to the owner and the bartender said he wasent in and not to bother, that he did not want to hear any complaints. What?

Bottom line, great food but hope all goes smoothly, you are on your own.

1  Thank CKOldham

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The service is great and the food is even better. If you get the chance you have got to try the cream of potato soup.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Best fettuccine alfredo that I have ever eaten!!! La Gondola used to be the Italian Villa in Arlington, TX. Not sure if La Gondola is under new management or what, but the food is exactly the same along with some of the old wait staff. I actually searched this place out due to their fettuccine alfredo when I found out that the Italian Villa had closed. However, biggest disappointment is the service. The wait staff plays favorites. This is definitely a place with regulars. I've noticed that a table with regulars will always get service first. That's great; however, less frequent guests shouldn't be ignored for half an hour while the wait staff takes all the regulars' orders. This has happened on every visit.

1  Thank splitlutz
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We get there and its a half hour wait even though their are plenty of tables open. No biggie. We get to our table and wait another 30 minutes for the waiter to come by. Its another 30 minutes before he comes back and takes our order. Didnt see him again till our food came. We werent alone on our experience. We overheard many complaints while waiting for service. The food was good but not worth the lack of service. First time in my life that I left a penny tip.

3  Thank Wyomingdan
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is probably one of my favorite restaurants in the Arlington/Mansfield area. The restaurant is small with great bar space and fabulous food!!! Linens are on every table and wine list is small but good! My favorite is a stuffed pork chop which is to die for!!! Their sea bass is fabulous as well as all their pasta. The house salad with house dressing is always fresh and yummy! My numerous trips have been at night however I did hold one business lunch their and the service was great, they were sensitive to our time contraints, and food was good and not too heavy for the middle of the day!