“Not up to Par”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Mansfield
Kansas
“Not up to Par”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

First of all, they did not have the room available that I reserved even though I am an Elite Diamond member of Choice Priveleges. Not a big deal, but just a start. Hotel just does not have the cleanliness level you would expect. People hanging out in the hallways didnt have a safe feel. Almost criminal lack of TV channels in this day and age. Wont stay again here, too many other choices around the area. Try the HI Express across the parking lot.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
C-Town, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2008

Very Nice Location, Right off 287, few miles from 360 and 20. Very Close to Metroplex. Quiet Property, very safe property...totally felt safe leaving my car out in the parking lot. The Employees are very friendly, always right there to answer your call no matter what time. The Breakfast is very Good. Lobby is Very Nice, Rooms always clean, restroom clean. Very spacious hotel. Will stay again!!! Give this hotel 5 stars!

• Liked — All Of it!
  • Disliked — Nothing...All Met my Standards!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ventura County Coast, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2008

I reserved a king non-smoking room approximately two months in advance of a 4-day visit to SW Arlington for my 4th grandchild's 2nd birthday. I flew into Dallas-Love from California and after haggling with Hertz for 30 minutes about the rental rate and another 45 minutes of driving in the dark, I arrived at the Comfort Inn at around 10 pm. Dragging myself to the front desk, I was told that they were "sold out" and that I could drive another 20 minutes or so to the nearest motel in the chain that had a vacancy. EXCUSE ME, I HAVE A RESERVATION.

The desk clerk said that, well, sorry, she didn't have control over that, but maybe they could set up A MEETING ROOM for me, at no charge for the first night. Wow, what a wonderful option, a roll-away surrounded by long tables and chairs. But - it has its own bathroom! Yay. I was dead-tired, so OK, fine, if I don't have to drive another 20 minutes and if I don't have to pay for it, I guess I can accept that for one night. Riding up the elevator to my meeting room, the clerk also offered the second night at no charge. Fine.

They moved me to a regular room after that first night, facing away from the highway, and I ended up staying all 4 nights. The regular room was OK, a little dreary but hey, it's a cheap motel. The trains liked to blow their whistles and just sit and run their engines nearby at night, but I had earplugs, and visiting my family kept me away all day.

There was an outdoor pool for the grandkids to come splash around in, although they only did that once because the location and setting was really weird and uncomfortable, with just a chain link fence between the pool and the parking lot by the front entrance, with a clear view of the frontage road, and very little space surrounding the pool with just a few chairs at one end.

It was nice of the desk clerk to offer compensation for the motel's mistake, but I will never ever stay there again.

• Liked — It was close to my duaghter's home
  • Disliked — They didn't honor my reservation and put me in a meeting room!
  • Stayed April 2007
1 Thank Aimless
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

Often stay in Comfort Inns and this one was below standard. Lobby appeared renovated but upstairs neglected. Carpet stained. The bathroom door could not be left open: would close automatically. Walls thin. On the plus side: easy access to highway, clean, cordial staff and the breakfast was identical to other Comfort Inns.

• Stayed May 2006
Rotonda West, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2007

We had stayed here once before a couple of years ago and weren't particularly impressed. But we decided to give it another shot because the location was good for us and the new motel down the road was more. Believe us, pay the little bit extra. The room was clean; at least that wasn't a concern. However, there is an odd smell that seems to permeate the whole place. Maybe it's the air freshener they use but I've never smelled anything liike it--sort of a musky smell. The room was decent-sized and the bed wasn't bad. One of the bulbs was out so we took it out and left in on the chest. They took the bulb but never replaced the bulb. When our keycards didn't work the third night we were there, we had to go down to the desk to get into the room. And we were reserved for the night. Then we found out we had no coffee for the next morning--another trip down. The breakfast was the typical continental fare. All in all, with new places opening in the area, there's no reason to settle for this one.

• Liked — convenience of the location
  • Disliked — the smell and the lack of service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Mansfield, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2007

I gave it a terrible rating because I've never had this much trouble at a hotel of this price range. First off I wanted a one bedroom suite which they don't have. They advertise it nicely on their website though. The room actually booked for 135.00. So for less money I could of stayed at a marriott that had a bedroom suite. Our room had a hole in the ceiling. The housekeeper came by and aksed to clean the room while we were sleeping. When I asked her to come back later she said that they were almost through with their round and they might not be able to clean my room. Last time I checked that's what they got paid to do. Anyway we got ready and left for the day within 30 mins. The housekeeper was at the next room cleaning when she saw me leave. She still didn't bother to clean my room. I was appauled by this. I've never been one to complain about a hotel stay. but this was absolutely terrible. Please don't stay at this hotel if you can help it. There are much better places in town that you can enjoy for an equal price.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — false advertisement
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank arthanial
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2006

Stayed a week recently at this Comfort Inn. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, and it's quite close to the metroplex. Hotels in Arlington are much more expensive and certainly not any better (on average). The pool is very clean and nice, and the morning breakfast is more than adequate. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank Hunwolf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mansfield Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mansfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Arlington South

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!