“Good food, cool atmosphere”

Fat Daddy's Sports & Spirits Cafe
Ranked #113 of 176 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Someone had commented on the way the girls were dressed. Honestly, it was not bad at all. If anything, some of the girls were dressed kind of tacky. One girl had major cleavage showing but the rest were normal looking. The girls looked like they are all 18 years old. Very young. The food was good. I had the blackened chicken breast sandwich. The chicken was extremely thin but it tasted good. Their cajun fries are just normal crinkled cut fries with cajun seasoning sprinkled over them. My hubbie had the rueben sandwich. He said it was good but he's had better. The atmosphere is pretty cool. We went at 6:00pm on a Saturday and there was barely anyone there. The only thing to complain about is when we got our food, we had asked for a thing of Ranch dressing and found out later when we got the check that they charged us $.49 for it. Come on! Really? So ridiculous. It felt like we were at Hooters because Hooters charges you for almost every little stupid thing. Other then that, we will be back again to hang out and watch a football game or whatever.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great venue and bank but management does not know how to communicate when it comes to fees. First of all all of your guests have to pay a cover charge to come to the party and I had already paid $200 for a party room so I had to pay the cover for all of my guests up front with a guestimate of how many people would be there. I paid for 60 and there were only 30. They did the same thing for the food. I thought that they were going to take a count but they based it on 60 and there were only 30. My daughter and I have called several times to talk with them about paying the amount for the actual number of people but they will not return our phone calls. We are going to contest the overage with our credit card companies now.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Honestly, Almost ever time I go here just to play pool and get a couple of drinks. Tried the food once and was amazed at how good it was. I had heard from many people that the food wasn't as good as they had expected. In turn The restaurant has become more of a bar then a eatery.

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Went prior to the bar rush early evening. As a bar it's a booming place with live music and obviously freezer flowing alcoholic beverages. You'd have to be intoxicated to tolerate the poor food and less than service driven staff. Also overpriced given the lack of quality food and cooking temperatures.
3 of 4 meals had to be sent back for various reasons with not even a "sorry" or "thanks". Guess you better go when everyone is drunk and cares less for the food. Not impressive and I'll take my teams, clients and family elsewhere. Ouch!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I planned a Birthday Party of 20 people for Sat the 4th of Aug. We got there before the cover charge of $10 was to be charged which was supposed to be at 9pm. We got there @ 8 to eat and set up for Party. They charged all 20 of us at 8pm. Band was to come on @ 930 they came on at 1055. Very disappointed with mgmt and the whole event. We did have a great waitress and she caught the heat from customers around us