My wife and I were returning home from an 800 mile trip in which we drove to our destination. We decided that being it was getting a little late in the afternoon and we were just getting ready to get on the road to make our journey back home (800miles), that we should call ahead and arrange for a room roughly half-way through our trip, which would put us checking into the hotel at a decent 8:30pm, good night's rest, and get back on the road in the morning. We were booking the room with our Hilton Honors points, which went nicely and we received our confirmation immediately upon booking the room. A 6 hour drive from that point landed us in Mansfield, TX at the Hampton Inn. Upon our arrival, we walked up to the front desk and began the check in process. The room was ready, and the keys were ready, the room was paid for, all was well...until we were asked for our debit card to swipe for "incidentals" which I understand is protocol in which they place a "hold" of 25$ on your account until you check out and then that amount is either refunded, or otherwise if you somehow screwed up something in the room (understandable). Well...for some reason, our debit card would not go through for the 25$, possibly due to a limit being hit that day from being out of town and buying gifts for the wedding we attended on our trip...noting the time of our check-in, we were asked by the front desk clerk to call our bank's customer service to see if we could resolve the issue with the card, only to find that it's outside of normal business hours. The front desk clerk literally did or said nothing from then on that would in any way would have helped us. She didn't offer for us to correct the issue in the morning before checking out. She didn't ask her supervisor for an over-ride. She didn't do anything except say "sorry, nothing I can do for you.". Leaving my wife and I no choice but to continue on our drive the remaining 400 miles landing us home at an awesome 3:30am, completely exhausted and frustrated. I feel that this could've easily been handled and dealt with on a much more courteous and professional manner given the fact that I have accumulated over 250,000 Hilton Honors points over various locations around the United States and held a Diamond status not long ago. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield, rated a three Diamond hotel by AAA, is on the edge of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, located near Highway 287 and within 20 minutes driving distance from downtown Dallas and Fort Worth. Start your day with a free hot breakfast featuring our famous waffles every morning or grab Hampton's On the Run Breakfast Bags™ (Mon-Fri). Enjoy free high-speed internet access in every room, get caught up on work in our 24-hour business center or keep up your workouts in our fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mansfield
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield Hotel Mansfield