“Good Value”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Mansfield
TX
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this property for one night during March. The location is convenient and room is clean. To top it off, the breakfast had many selections which is more than what we expected. I did not have time to use their gym/pool, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the property for one night while traveling from Dallas to Austin. It was conveniently located off of Hwy 287 with several restaurants close by. The room was clean and the bed & linens comfortable. Breakfast was simple, but good. Service at breakfast and the front desk were excellent.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel has less traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family of four had a decent one night stay here. We were pleased with the location and appearance of the hotel. Our room was a bit smelly. The pool and hot tub were nice maybe a little to much on the chemicals. Bathrooms were clean and large. Breakfast had many selections but we were not able to eat in the cafe area due to overcrowding. Staff was nice and helpful at check-in. Overall a good value.

• Stayed June 2013
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Marriott was giving 5,000 points for staying twice at a Fairfield so I thought I'd give this one a try as the exterior photos looked good. How can I go wrong if the outside looks good, right? I freely confess that this hotel is beautiful and it's fairly new. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful and she checked me in early. When I was done working I went to the fitness center and did an hour on the elliptical. The equipment is nice Precor with TVs. There are no sanitizing wipes to clean the equipment when you're done so good luck with that. I came back to the room to shower and there was a big line of mold under the clear caulking in the bottom of the shower. I uploaded a photo of this for your viewing pleasure. Do these hotel general managers even do rounds with their housekeeping supervisor and maintenance person? How can you not see this big black line of mold in the bottom of a white shower? Maintenance needs to scrape up the caulking and re-caulk with white caulk. And if the general manager doesn't think it's important to do room rounds at least monthly then they should at least train their housekeeping staff to write work orders when they see maintenance issues like this. This is actually a nice hotel for a Fairfield with just a couple exceptions dragging down my rating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jmstover
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We purchased our room for 2 nights on Priceline, and received a better price than going through the Marriott website.
The front desk personnel were very polite and helpful.
The (free) continental breakfast had a good variety of fresh fruits, pastries, cereals and, my kid's favorite- the TEXAS waffle iron!
The room was clean and comfortable. Not overly spacious- but we just used it to sleep, so it served its purpose.

• Stayed April 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We are waiting on a call from management in regards to finding a towel neatly folded and placed on the towel rack in the bathroom. When getting in the shower, unfolded the towel to find 2 bloody spots on it. It wasn't a stain but bright red smeared blood. The girl at the desk offered no apologies or even a comment. We were so tired after traveling all day or would have left. I slept terrible worrying if I was even sleeping on clean sheets. We will see what management does. Will call corporate today if our bill isn't adjusted.

• Stayed March 2013
El Lago, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

After searching MANY hotels options in the surrounding area, we decided to stay here based on location and the price we got it for. I read the reviews and they are pretty much spot on. Our biggest disappointment was how firm the bed is. I read this in the reviews, but was hoping it was exaggerated (sadly, it wasn't).
The woman at the front desk was very personable and easy to joke with. Every encounter with the staff was great!
The TV channels are pretty limited and no way to order a movie. Next time, I will bring my laptop and an HDMI cable to hook up to the TV and watch a movie.
The room was a little small but it was clean and served its purpose. Halfway through our stay, as we were heading out at 3 in the afternoon, we asked to have housekeeping change the bedding and refresh the bathroom and they did it without making a big deal about it.
We too stayed facing the highway, but kept the air conditioning fan going all the time (I don't like to sleep when its too quiet...you hear every noise) therefore the highway noise was never an issue at all. The hotel was very quiet (especially being that it was spring break).
We slept in both days and didn't make it to breakfast, nor did we use the indoor pool, so I cant comment on them.
The overall experience was great (only the firm bed and limited TV stations kept it from a 5 star rating) and I would not hesitate to stay there again! If you are considering this as an option, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Requested (and they were happy to honor our request) to stayed on the top floor at the end. No one...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mansfield Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Mansfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Arlington South

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mansfield? Share your experiences!