“Batting .500 for two stays in June, 2011”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mansfield
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here twice on a driving trip from Denver to Houston, once en route, and once during the return.

My initial stay was wonderful. Clean, quiet, comfortable, completely functional room, pleasant staff during checkin. I was looking forward to my return stay the next week.

My return stay was... well, challenging. After four tries to enter the room with either keys or a lock on the particular door that didn't work properly, I was at last assigned a different room after requesting one for several times. The drapery-pull-rod on the room-darkening drapes came off in my hand, and I needed to cobble together a means for keeping the room reasonably dark. The staff seemed to be trying to please, but weren't particularly listening to my requests that evening. I never did find out if the other room's lock was working properly or not... but at that point, I didn't care all that much.

All in all, it was a confusing experience. My initial stay was so good that I could try to forgive my return stay, but it's difficult. I do not know if I would be willing to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank 3dvizwiz

Reviewed March 23, 2011

The overall look of this hotel and the rooms is very nice; however, I was disappointed with the cleanliness and lack of service in some areas. We had to go to the front desk to get shampoo for our room as well as a couple of other things that were missing. We also had to ask to have our room cleaned because, by afternoon, no one had come by. When housekeeping did clean, it was done very poorly. We picked this hotel specifically for the breakfast and the indoor pool; however, the breakfast was very disappointing as it was not well-stocked and we had to repeatedly ask for things like milk, fruit, etc. The pool heater was not working (so the spa was cold as well!) and when we asked about it the person at the front desk just said that it may be fixed the next week. We did meet another family that was staying there for the weekend for their son's birthday specifically for the pool! Marriott Hotels generally have a great name and reputation; however, I was very disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Gailygirl123
Reviewed December 7, 2010

There was nothing extraordinary about our stay at this hotel but it was worth mentioning that it was new, decent location and the gentleman at the front desk (John, maybe) was very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2010

This was a very comfortable hotel. It was more expensive than many FI's, but newer and more modern. Staff was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I really love this inn...I have stayed 3 different times now. Beds are comfy , great breakfast. My only complaint is that they have an indoor pool and when people get out of the pool and go to their rooms the shiny tile gets extra slippery. I feel and hurt my knee because of water being on the tile. Didn't make a claim but told employees that they need mats down on their floor from the pool to the elevator... because its not the first time I have seen someone slip. They didn't act to concerned. Guess they will when they are sued.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Mansfield during March for a baseball event. We arrived at noon (a few hours before check-in) and were greeted by a nice gentleman, and he gave us our keys to our room.

We went up to our room via the elevator and loved the room. The hotel has a light green decor, and everything was up to tip-top shape. The room was very large and of course, clean. Our suite had 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa. A large 42-inch TV (with HD) was also in the room. The beds were very soft and almost "fit to your shape". I didn't sleep on the couch, so I can't comment on that. Also, there was free WiFi in the room, which was moderately fast. The bathroom was, as said in the last review, very large and extremely clean. The bathroom had 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels, and 4 wash cloths. Pantene shampoo and conditioner were also provided.

There are many restaurants within 30 seconds of this hotel going to the restaurants and about 5 minutes coming back due to the one way street in front of this property. Some close restaurants include Buffalo Wild Wind's, MaMa's Pizza, and a steakhouse of some sort. We then went back to our hotel and went to the small to moderate sized indoor pool and whirlpool. This place also had a fairly nice fitness center with about 5 pieces of equipment. Also on site were a business center and guest laundry. In the morning, we were greeted by a free breakfast. From 7-10 AM (on weekends), a nice breakfast is served conisting of make-em'-yourself waffles, coffee, fruit pastries, fruit, boiled eggs, muffins, oatmeal, and assorted juices and milk. Also, there are bacon or sausage, egg, and cheese pre-wrapped biscuits in a refridgerator to be heated in the microwave.

All and all, this place is very nice and clean. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I took our 12 year old daughter to an NHRA race that was in nearby Ennis but we wanted something that was a little closer to Arlington so we chose Mansfield and were very pleased with the Fairfield Inn!!! It was close to a various assortment of restaruants...very easy to get in and out of...the staff was EXCELLENT and was very clean and stylish. We wanted to go to the Dave & Buster's that was in Arlington and from the hotel it was less than a ten minute drive!! There was also a mexican restaraunt in Arlington that we wanted to go to named El Fenix (AWESOME FOOD) that was also less than ten minutes from the hotel so we had everything very close to us which was fantastic!! We will definately be staying at this Fairfield the next time we are in this area!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family