“Fantastic food, fantastic service!”

Rancheros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 105 Restaurants in Magnolia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We're Yankees from Pennsylvania, and when we attended the wedding of one of our Houston-based neices in early October 2013, we (I) was determined to have at least one meal of authentic Mexican food. (The stuff they serve at Taco Bell is a complete fraud, and I knew it!)

Well...the bride's father and mother took the family to Rancheros for dinner. They live in the Woodlands, and it was a short drive. This is one of their favorite places, and Jon ordered for the table.

I know we had the queso flameado (melted Monterey cheese mixed with sausage and served with tortillas). There was also a delicious soup, which I can't find on the online menu. But the main course consisted of platters of fajitas ingredients. There were meats, and I know there were jumbo shrimp. Again, I'm not sure that this particular combination is on the regular menu.

Two key points: The food was fantastic. Served sizzling hot and well-seasoned. Second, the service was equally impressive. I think we had three servers working our long table. Dishes appeared and disappeared at exactly the right times.

This was my favorite meal during a wedding celebration of several days. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ok in a pinch, but this place is lackluster and needs to change up the menu and get someone to make the salsa for them as they are doing a poor job. I have noticed that their business has fallen off lately.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have TONS of Mexican restaurants in our area. This is one of our 3 favorites. Service is very fast, food is delicious, staff is great. Usually very crowded. Prices are very reasonable. Great margaritas!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We dine hear occasionally when hungry for Tex-Mex. Very good food quality and service. The atmosphere is friendly but very informal too. Sometimes noisy and some remodeling would improve their business.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

great food but they cut back on their portions since my last visit. If you don't like to smell cig smoke while you eat, yhis may not be the right place for you.

1  Thank waytolong50