“Not What I Expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Lakeside Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 28 Restaurants in Madisonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cypress, Texas
“Not What I Expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Looked pretty good from the outside, but it was a bit run down inside. They had a separate no smoking room which was good, but you could still smell the stench. The service was ok and the food was pretty good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas
“Good sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We stopped on our way to Tulsa for a late lunch without checking reviews. We ordered the egg sandwich and the club sandwich. Both were very good. The meat on the club was not the typical prepackaged lunch meat that you buy at the store. The waitress was attentive as well. I am glad we ate here.

Visited April 2014
Texas
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The salad bar was fair, the hamburger platter was good, & the soup was good. There was a strong odor of cigarette smoke.

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid is your best bet!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I visited this restaurant simply because I did not have many sit down choices and did not know my way around Madisonville. You could not pay me to go back. First of all, our waitress was the textbook image of trailer trash wiith the attitude of a pageant queen. Rude, eye rolling, and refused ANY substitutions. God forbid you ask for corn instead of potatoes. Then you get the joy of watching her talk trash about you to a regular and whisper through rotted teeth. The food was awful!! My children deemed it disgusting and I completely agree. The tables and menus were sticky and the place reeked of cigarettes. We never got a drink refill and waited over 40 minutes for a simple lunch on a slow day. The salad bar was a joke and far from fresh. After getting the check and skipping out on the tip, we ended up at Sonic for edible kids meals and a cheeseburger. Much Much better. I gave them lakesides tip. The best thing that could happen to lakeside is a bulldozer.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mom2boys84
Dallas, Texas, United States
“avoid at all cost!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Terrible food over priced rude wait staff. It should be a hanging offense in Texas to serve what they called barbecue. I saw a teenager put a bite in his mouth and it came right back and we are talking about a kid that can eat anything I have seen him eat ravioli straight from the can. I took three bites off my plate and was nauseated all the way into Dallas. When I called the owner she argued and said no one ever complains about the food. I do not think even chef Ramsey or chef Gordon could resurrect this place. Needs to close before they poison someone.

• Visited July 2013