“Best bread pudding anywhere”
Review of Shrimpy's Seafood

Shrimpy's Seafood
Ranked #10 of 28 Restaurants in Madisonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Bringing the Ocean to the County
Description: Bringing the Ocean to the County
“Best bread pudding anywhere”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I've tried bread pudding lots of places and none can touch Shrimpy's. The seafood is also delicious.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Clippercash

Lovelady
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I only ever ordered carryout at Shrimpy's but it was always great! The fish and shrimp and hushpuppies and fries...I could go on. The food is great and well priced.

1 Thank Miranda Y
Dallas
“Remodeling (A Much-Needed Facelift)”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in to get our fried catfish fix on the way from Houston to Dallas and were pleased to see that the restaurant is having a remodel. Nothing to change the character, but to revamp it a bit. Our fried catfish and shrimp and fries came out piping hot, however the seafood seemed a bit bland. You could tell that the oil they fried it in was fresh and that was very appreciated. The coleslaw was quite acceptable and pretty good when you add pepper to it. Not as good as I remember from other visits, but since it was fresh and hot we will be back again.

2 Thank JoInTexas
Fort Worth, Texas
“Destination restaurant in middle of nowhere”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I hated the drive from Dallas to Houston, that is, until I discovered Shrimpy's. Fresh well prepared reasonably priced seafood in a modest building next to a trailer park. I have eaten there eight times on my four roundtrips. Takes hate outa the I-45 drive for sure!

2 Thank Chuck N
Houston, Texas
“Revisted this restaraunt, not a good experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have eaten here in the past and really enjoyed my meal. But NOT today. My fish and fries were cold. We waited a long time to receive our food, maybe it was just sitting, waited to be delivered and wasn't. Everyone was pleasant, but the service was not good. I will avoid returning again. Luby's in Huntsville is much better, and consistent.

• Visited September 2012