“worst hotel ever”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lytle
Oceanside, California
“worst hotel ever”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Please be aware of this hotel...my husband and I flew into San Antonio for his mothers 90th birthday. We stayed at this hotel because his family said it was the closet hotel to her. This hotel was so filthy! The bathtub was stained and filthy. There was a hole at the base of the bathroom door. The sheets looked like they had not been changed in a while. The small refrigerator had built up ice. And the window/window pane was filthy. To top it off, there was construction going on across the street and they started working early in the morning. It was the worse hotel experience we have ever had. I emailed the Days Inn and complained. I told them they should be ashamed of themselves and that the hotel is below standards for hotels in the United States. I suggested they level the hotel and build a new one.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Alice G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I travel approximately 40 weeks per year which equates to 40 different hotels per year. I have a very good understanding of brands vs expectations. I knew a Day's Inn should be a clean, safe place to stay. I expected very little and received less. I was working in the Lytle area with two hotels available to me. The new Best Western Hotel (which was sold out) and the Day's Inn motel. I needed to stay close (in Lytle) to commute back and forth each day for my work. I was literally trapped at the Day's Inn.

I paid $76.66 per night (3 nights) for room 102. The room was dark (because the light bulbs were removed) - furniture old and beaten - filthy, lumpy carpet - filthy, disgusting, shower (I went out and bought flip-flops to stand in the shower) - dirty, and stained sheets (that were on the bed as clean sheets) - disgusting stained mattress - walls with holes punched in them - nasty AC unit - nasty stains and drips running down the walls and doors. The dead fly left for days sitting next to the coffee maker I allowed to sit to see if housekeeping would see it (maybe be horrified?) and take it away...that did not happen.

I sent a letter and photos to Days Inn corporate office. I was told the manager would contact me. I had this experience at their hotel on 3/15/12 - I've never heard from the manager. Days Inn corp. left me a message yesterday stating the manager will give back 50% of my 1st night stay. Although I asked several times: Doesn't Days Inn have any standards? I have never been given an answer. So, I guess they don't and you can expect this type of property of the Days Inn (Wyndham) brand. This is not a money issue - this is an issue of a disgustingly filthy hotel carrying the Days Inn flag. I waited to write this review until after I heard from the corporate office. The response was less than stellar and extremely disappointing. The Wyndham corporation/Days Inn brand should have been horrified by the photos. It appears they are not. I hope you are.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank SapphireSales
Carthage, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I'd rate it a 7/10 from my experience and I've stayed at a LOT of motels during my working career. I stayed in room #202 and it was good. The bed (2 queen) were nice with 3 pillows on each one and in a pretty arrangement. The bathroom is a bit small as the door barely clears the toilet. The tub looks like the original and I'd recommend to the management that it be the next thing to upgrade. There was no drain cover or a stopper or anything and it looked pretty nasty in that hole and I was wondering if it was going to drain because I could see water in it but it did. The toilet took forever to swirl and flush. The coffee maker was filthy and had old coffee in it; was also missing the brew basket so we went to the front desk and they gave us a new coffee maker to put in the room. They don't serve breakfast at all which I was disappointed with because I assumed being a DAYS INN they would have SOMETHING. They advertised a microwave, but there was not one. The television is old style and color was horrible. The air conditioner worked great; everything was in room including a safe (I'd rather have the microwave although neither I would have used). The lighting was great, the sheets smelled clean and laundered. Overall I'd say it was a nice place to stay for the price I paid ($65 plus taxes around $75), especially given the oilfield rates of nearby DUMPS are ridiculous. ($65 a night for ROACH MOTELS and $120+/night for decent motels)

Room Tip: #202 was good.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dave S
Lytle, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Last minute hotel choice as I am on the road driving approx 1000 miles a week -- never really know where I am going to end up at the end of the day. Booked the hotel via hotels.com. Cigarette butts on the floor behind the bed, a cigarette butt on top of the entertainment center. cheesy 19" television with a non working remote. NO TOILET PAPER!!!!!! How that got by them I will never be able to figure out. The telephone doesn't work so I can't call the front office to tell them I need anything. The beds are somewhat comfy, but not enough to make up for the vortex of filth!!!!!!!! I will NEVER book this hotel again. I will just keep on driving back to San Antonio instead.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank tbrisendine
Dallas
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel before maybe a few years back and it was not so good, but recently I stayed there one month ago, and they improved ALOT. The hotel was very clean and they got new beds, showers, entertainment centers which are very big(and attractive). I was very satisfied with the room becuase of their recent improvements. I will definetly be staying there in the future. See ya'll soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank TXtraveller98
Reviewed October 12, 2010

On the road 200+ days per year and this is in the top 5 worst places ever. Emailed the rest of my team to warn them off. Room upon first inspection is dumpy. I can deal with dumpy, bit the quarter inch gap between the door and it's frame should have been my first clue. Next came the carpet that appeared to be a prototype for the first carpet. Next was the fire alarm hanging from a wire from the wall. The grand finale was the ever present aroma of urine. Tried to contact the company as I switched rooms several times already. Days Inn made a clunky website and didn't easily provide an email address, so I came here to report in. Will plan all cities business trips to this area around avoiding this place (and quite possibly hepatitis).

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank Leland73
Todd, NC
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We booked a room last minute at this hotel without finding much information on the internet before booking by phone. We stayed three nights during our 13 day trip in Texas. This was by far the least desirable motel of our trip. The only reason we stayed the whole three nights was because of it’s location. It was near to where the wildflowers were blooming which was the purpose of our trip. The room offered a regular TV, a refrigerator, a microwave and two queen beds that were surprisingly comfortable. The place is in need of updating. The plastic one-piece tub/shower combination had been painted at one point in time and the paint was now peeling off. The vanity top also looked as if it had been painted over. The toilet tank top was chipped. And the carpet was a bit of a trip hazard. Breakfast was not offered at this location and finding breakfast in town was a bit of a challenge. There is a McDonald’s, a Dairy Queen and a grocery store across the street which were convenient but the McDonald’s was kind of gross. On our first morning in Lytle, we went to McDonald’s for breakfast and there were dead black beetle bugs all over the parking lot which people were tracking into the restaurant. At least we never saw any bugs at our motel or in our room. The room we had was a good size but the bathroom was pretty small. It was quiet except for birds outside that seems to make noise even during the night. One of the best things about our stay was the ease of using the internet. That worked great. If you have to be in Lytle and need a place to stay, you will survive a stay here but don’t expect much and you won’t be too disappointed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phototraveler065
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytle
Days Inn N.W. Medical Center
#240 of 354 in San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio at Palo Alt...
#252 of 354 in San Antonio
Northwest Side
Days Inn San Antonio Northwest/Seaworld
Northwest Side
Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld
Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld
#155 of 354 in San Antonio

Been to Days Inn San Antonio Lytle? Share your experiences!