“good margaritas”

Mr Taco
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Luling
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Good Food, Great margaritas priced right, good service, nice place to stop in and stay a while, music on fridays!!!

There are newer reviews for Mr Taco

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Showed up at 8:30 on a Friday night and was seat quickly. Our waiter Jose, was quick with the chips and salsa- the drinks arrived shortly after. We placed our order and our food was brought to us quick and hot. Not sure why others have had such an issues with the service, we thought it was great! We will be back!

1  Thank Sly1222
Reviewed March 7, 2013

A group of friends wanted to meet for dinner after church, so we went online to see what would be open on a Sun. night. We found Mr. Taco was open until 9:30. We went in at 8:45 pm, with a group of 9. The place was lit up, the open sign was on, the drive through had several cars in line. We found there were only about 2 tables unoccupied. They were both large enought to accommodate our party. Since we had a 2yr old, we walked across past everyone & took the table in the back corner. Everyone came in & sat down to wait for the waitress. After we all settled in, buckled baby in his seat, she showed up to tell us that they were closed & that we would have to leave. We thought she was joking. We laughed & said, that's funny. She then said she was serious. It was humiliating. She didn't even apologize, or try to explain any reasonable reason why they would be asking us to go, or why they were closed early. We had the full attention of the other people eating. We went to ask someone in the kitchen, why they were asking us to leave, they were obviously open, the sign was still on. They sent someone right in front of us, to turn it off!! They said 'No, we are closed.' They all looked tired & just didn't care. JUST PLAIN RUDE!!! We didn't make a scene, we just all got up, put our jackets back on, unbuckled the baby & with an audience of all the other diners, made our way back across the room with the waitress standing there waiting for us to leave. It was the most unpleasant & disgusting customer service EVER!! I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Sadly, they own another one in Gonzales of which we are long time regular customers. The owner/manager should seriously rethink the staff at the Luling location.

PEOPLE DO NOT GO TO THE LULING MR TACO. THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, SO WHO KNOWS IF YOU ARE GETTING SOMETHING THAT FELL ON THE FLOOR!!!

1  Thank _Jesus_Lvs_You_
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here my whole life it was one of my moms favorites. We stopped in and I already had chicken fried steak on my mind so that's what I ordered and it was one of the best chicken fried steaks I've ever eaten!! I had to get a to go box because it wad huge but so so good my husband had chicken enchiladas and again he said the were great! Unfortunately on this visit our service was not that great very polite but never around...definitely going back I'm sure the service issue was just one of those days at least I am hoping..

Reviewed July 8, 2012

On the 4th of July we visited the Mr Taco in Gonzales, Texas. The time was just after 1pm.

Our server, Betty brought our menu then disappeared. 8 minutes later after getting her attention, we finally got our chips and salsa.

38 minutes after that we got our food and that was because I went and saw it sitting out near the cashier and ask another server to bring it to our table.

When I complained to Betty, she was indignant.

My suggestion is that Betty change professions and become a magician because she is so good at disappearing!

We will not patronize Mr Taco again.

Paul Guidry

Been to Mr Taco? Share your experiences!