“Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Luling
League city, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Overall our stay in this hotel was excellent and we would refer all family and friends. All the staff was very friendly and the rooms very clean. Had a little refridgerator and microwave, Bucees next to the hotel if you need a snack. The beds were comfy and the hotel was booked and you would have never none because we slept wonderful!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lucy E, General Manager at Longhorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate guests noticing all our hard work. We strive to make each guest feel welcomed. I hope we see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Luling, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

The pool was green and it's a little bit outside of town, other than that it was great. They are also pet friendly so if you have a companion you can't leave at home you can bring him/her. Breakfast was good and there are two big convenience stores right next to the hotel so anything you might need is right there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lucy E, General Manager at Longhorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thanks for the kind words. I do apologize for the pool area. We have called in the pool guy and have the pool back up to par. We hope we see you soon.
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very clean and quiet hotel. Mostly oil & gas workers, pipeline workers and very few vacationers. I was working in Gonzales but it was actually cheaper to stay at the Best Western. The staff is friendly. Breakfast choices were not plentiful. The fruit, yogurt and milk were not available most days during my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank LSU17
I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience here. I apologize for our deficiencies and look forward to getting the chance to make it up to you.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

On a recent business trip I couldn't get internet access. Staff was indifferent or clueless about how to remedy this. No wifi and they didn't have an ethernet cable to try. This doesn't work for business travel. I informed the lady at the front desk of this situation and she mentioned rebooting the router. That didn't work. At checkout, I told the front desk (different lady) of the internet issue and she said she would reboot the router. Seems like this is the standard answer for this problem instead of getting a good service provider and good tech support.

Room Tip: I checked no wifi on the box above, as there was none on the day of my visit. They are supposed to h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lucy E, General Manager at Longhorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the problems you encountered. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having internet access. I have called our service provider and tech support to remedy the issue.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice & clean hotel. Staff was very friendly upon arrival and departure. The breakfast was also filling and organized. They made sure there was plenty of breakfast available. This was on the 4th of July weekend, so the hotel was full. Would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lucy E, General Manager at Longhorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thanks for the kind words I look forward to sharing with the staff. We appreciate being acknowledged for all the hard work we do to make your stay as wonderful as possible.
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The main reason we decided to stay especially since we are from San Antonio and going to a family reunion in Luling was that I was looking forward to swimming and laying out at the pool. There were so many ants, live and dead in the pool, around the pool and actually there were mounds of ants around the concrete surrounding the pool. One of the other customers actually found the pool cleaning net and tried to clean out the pool. There were a bunch of dead ants on the bottom of the pool. I was stung by two of the ants and decided it wasn't worth the effort. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed. It was clean, huge, lots of pillows, etc but my husband and myself woke up having had a horrible night's sleep, if you want to call it that. When I was taking a shower I noticed two hairs in the shower and asked my hubby when he had taken a shower and he said he hadn't. OH YUK. Other than that the room was pretty, clean except for the shower and quiet. I wouldn't have stayed there if I had known about the ants in the pool. They really need to spray insecticide around the perimeter of the pool since other comments I have read mentioned the bugs around too. The front desk girl was unable to smile, even when I thanked her and said what a pretty hotel it was. The owner needs to see who the person was that checked me in and you will benefit from a little talk with her about customer service (which I had also read about previously).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the problems you had. The exterminator has came and taken care of the issue with the ants and the pool has been cleaned. We have checked the bed and everything seems to be in order and I'm sorry you were uncomfortable. I have also addressed the issue with the guest service, or lack there of. Our staff strives to be as friendly as possible and I am sorry that you were met with frowns. I hope we have the opportunity to make this up to you and your family.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stay here on a regular bases to visit family in Luling.This time the hotel seems to be not as clean as when it first opened. It is the nicest Hotel in Luling. The staff is friendly but could use some customer services skills and be a little more professional. There is alot of bugs all over the property, we encounter crickets in our bed this past stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lucy E, General Manager at Longhorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to let us know where we fell short. We strive to give each guest the most comfortable stay possible. I know you come in repeatedly and appreciate your business. We are getting the bugs under control and have spent many hours clearing them out. I hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luling
La Quinta Inn & Suites Luling
The Dilworth Inn & Suites
#1 of 12 in Gonzales
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gonzales
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seguin

Been to Longhorn Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!