“Much nicer hotel than I anticipated.”
Review of Courtyard Lufkin

Courtyard Lufkin
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Texas
“Much nicer hotel than I anticipated.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a business conference. I was pleasantly surprised by how upscale and nice this hotel was. The lobby area is welcoming and relaxing. The small outdoor courtyard was charming with the fire pit and pretty flowers. My room was in an unusual configuration with a long hallway, but it worked well at providing adequate space. There isn't a closet, but they have an armoire to store your clothes in. The large big screen TV was nice to have. The bed was very comfortable, although the covers were very light. I used an extra blanket provided in the armoire and that helped. There were no problems with air conditioning, water pressure, or any noises. The bathroom was a very good size, and I liked the Paul Mitchell hair products.

The cafe area was nice and the servers were all very friendly. Breakfast both days exceeded my expectations.

The meeting room was worked well for our group. The nearby restroom was actually quite nice, big enough, and kept clean and stocked well during the meeting. The provided lunch was a little disappointing with build your own sandwiches and very little fruit. They didn't keep the sodas stocked well either.

The location of this hotel was convenient to the mall and many other stores and restaurants. It was easy to find and access as well.

Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed August 2013
CourtyardLufkin, General Manager at Courtyard Lufkin, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Wow! You toured the whole hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and your conference; but most importantly, we are very glad you shared your experience here on Trip Advisor. Its always nice to be pleasantly surprised!

We hope you are able to come back and see us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We reserved a suite and upon entry, we noticed the carpet was just cleaned, which was great, because the room smelled fresh and clean. As soon as the fresh smell went away, we were hit with a horrible smell in the room. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, it smelled like vomit. I went to the front desk and told the reservationist about it. She was very helpful in telling me that there weren't any more suites available and she personally located the on duty maintenance guy to go up and check it out. When the maintenance guy and I returned to the room, he agreed that there was a stench. He sprayed some citrus room freshner and even left us the can with us. No fault of the reservationist or the maint guy! She did decrease the room from $159.99 to @99, as we only was staying 1 night.
Also, we thought, okay we will go relax in the hot tub. Upon entry, we noticed there were kids roaming freely about the area, in the hot tub, and making the disability lift, that lowers disabled people in and out of the pool and hot tub, go up and down and then again up and down These kids were unsupervised, as a matter of fact, they had food and it appeared they had been there for a while. In addition to the kids, the hot tub wasn't even hot! There went that thought!
We have stayed at this hotel several times before, because it is fairly clean and has a bar! This was the worst experience. With all the happenings, by the end of the night, they gave us a breakfast voucher and decreased our price of the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lovelylady411
I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay while you were here. We did have an issue with the heater for the Spa during the last few weeks of August and into September. Unfortunately, the parts for the work were set on a delay from the contractor who was doing the repair. It has definately been fixed now. I realize that doesn't change your particular stay. Please contact me back during your next trip to Lufkin and we will make sure you receive Star Treatment!

Again, I apologize for the issue. I am glad my staff were able to take some efforts to try to make the experience better.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Definitely stay at the this Courtyard. Spacious rooms, good value for the dollar. (I tried 4 different rooms at the Comfort Suites... Smelled Terrible. Hampton didn't sheik much better.) Even if this Courtyard is out of your way it's worth the drive. Best hotel in town. BB

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank BBMoto
I am glad you finally found your home in Lufkin at the Courtyard! Thanks so much for the great review.
ft worth
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms and nice outdoor area, the entire staff was friendly, good location and has everything we needed. Only drawbacks were the hot tub not working and the pool is tiny. Would stay again.

1 Thank beavermac
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with the exception of the hot tub. This issue did take us a little longer than normal because the parts were not readily available in the Lufkin Area. With many bumps and bruises along the way, we did have this issue resolved. The hot tub is nice and warm!

We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Lufkin Area.
Sherwood, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here while visiting relatives in Lufkin and could not have been happier with this hotel. The room was quiet, the beds were relatively comfortable, for hotel beds, and the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. We were a little disappointed when we booked that breakfast wasn't included with the room considering the rate we paid and the fact it was Lufkin and not Houston or Dallas, but after our stay we thought it well worth the price in spite of having to pay for our breakfast.

2 Thank Charlie H
Hi Charlie. Thank you so much for the great review. The Courtyard Bistro is a new concept for the Marriott Brand and it has its ups and downs. We realize most weekend travelers are looking for a great deal on a great hotel with great ammenities. One of these is Breakfast. The Bistro allows us to offer a wider variety of options to our guests. We do have great "Breakfast Included" rates that make a great deal for a family of 5. Please be sure to ask about this the next time you are making a reservation with us or with any Courtyard by Marriott.

I am glad we were able to impress. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Waco, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Marriott was a bright light after a bad day of travel. The staff did ever thing possible to make our stay the best. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The young gentlemen that was working the bar and bistroff made my granddaughter the best pizza and made my husband and I the best drinks. The staff will bend over backwards to serve you and make your stay pleasant.
The only fault would be the inside pool. It was small and the whirl pool was out.
I am now a Marriott fan and will always check for a Marriott in the area!!!!!

1 Thank pam s
Hi Pam! Thanks so much for the review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the staff's hospitality. I'm sorry the pool wasn't working when you were visiting. While this has been fixed, I wish it had been while you were here.

We are very glad we were able to make such an impression on you that you now love Marriott as a Brand!

We look forward to seeing you soon when you are in the Lufkin Area!
Austin
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Everyone you come in contact with is BEYOND helpful and nice! They go above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect. The hotel itself is beautiful. The meeting rooms are large and can be set up any way you need. I have used this hotel for business for the last several months and I am always happy. I will continue to use this hotel for all my needs in Lufkin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Keli L
Hi Keli! Thanks so much for your great comments about the Courtyard in Lufkin. We understand that so many people are away from home and want to make sure that your stay is as great as possible.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lufkin
Best Western Plus Crown Colony Inn & Suites
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#7 of 14 in Lufkin
Hampton Inn & Suites Nacogdoches

Been to Courtyard Lufkin? Share your experiences!