“Another 2 nights of peaceful bliss”
Review of Courtyard Lufkin

Courtyard Lufkin
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Marshall, Texas
“Another 2 nights of peaceful bliss”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Says it all in my title. What a amazing property! The value for what u get is fantastic!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardLufkin, General Manager at Courtyard Lufkin, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
So happy you enjoyed your stay again!!! We always love to hear about it and were glad to have you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed at the one in Tyler and had to stay at this one when i found out Lufkin had a new one. This is the best hotel in Lufkin hands down, Lufkin hasn't always been blessed with the best hotels, it's about time some have come along and this property is at the head of pack. Staff was outstanding and curteous, rooms well appointed as usual in the new courtyard by marriott facilities. Seems to be a very personal touch from the management at this facility, note left welcoming me to my room, so good job making everyone feel welcome. If you have to come to Lufkin, then staying here will make your stay much more pleasant.

Even though hotel was right on 59, the stay was very quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad you found out from Tyler that we had the new Courtyard in Lufkin. We love sharing our guests as they travel! Thanks for the kind words and we are happy to welcome you to our extended family of guests!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Hotel is clean and modern, the staff is very accommodating and went above and beyond. I just wish they were pet friendly, Marriott needs to change their policy and welcome pets in more of their hotels and I would stay in them more often.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
CourtyardLufkin, General Manager at Courtyard Lufkin, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thanks for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

As a pet owner myself, I know they are a part of the family and hard to leave behind. While, unfortunately, we are not pet friendly, Lufkin does have several boarding facilities for pets. We would be happy to recommend for future reference.

Thanks again for the great review!
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I called to make reservations at this hotel and informed the receptionist that we would be travelling with my husband's service dog - a small, female English bulldog. The receptionist stated they were not pet-friendly. I explained that this is a service dog and the receptionist said he would ask his manager. He put me on hold and returned to ask if I had a 'vest' for our dog. I asked what kind of vest. He said the manager said in order for our dog to stay, it needed to have a service dog vest. I explained that we had a service dog harness, leash, and identification badge, but that we had never been asked for a vest before. He said 'sorry' but we could not stay without a vest.

Anyone with disabilities who requires the help of a service dog knows that this is preposterous! According to ADA regulations, no identification is legally required or can be legally requested. We have purchased identification badges with our dog's name, photo, and other information that includes the ADA legal citation just to make people more comfortable. However, to require a vest (not a collar, not a badge, not a harness) is incredibly ignorant. At the next Marriott, will we be expected to produce a sombrero, a tunic, or a pair of bike shorts?

The management's lack of knowledge and inflexibility to accommodate a handicapped individual has completely changed my attitude towards Marriott. We ended up at the Best Western in Lufkin where we were warmly welcomed and received fabulous accommodations at a most reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank pilotmom90
I certainly remember the question being brought to my attention. I am very sorry this happened and you were left without accommodations. I truly believe there was a break-down of communication in regards in this particular instance. While I can only make excuses as to what happened in your particular circumstances, I would like to clarify that this has been addressed with all staff. As Management, we have deemed March ADA Compliance Awareness Month at the Courtyard in Lufkin. All the guidelines and concerns you brought up and other ADA concerns have been discussed. The findal follow-up will be the last week of March as the Main Topic for our All Staff Meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to express your experience and concern in this matter.
Mount Vernon
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Mu husband and I have had to stay in Lufkin for business over the last few months and our stay at the Courtyard has been the highlight of our time in Lufkin. Yes, as most hotels there are occassional problems, but it is the manner that they are addressed that makes the staff here stand out. They go to great extremes to correct any problems and to make your stay enjoyable. Everyone from the manager Jenifer to the buidling superivsor Joe, takes their job serious. From the large things to the small, like bringing your special tea to your room (thanks Ali) to fixing plumbing problems. They have become like family and I look forward to see them and miss them when I am gone. You will love your stay there. Dodie T.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dtunnell
What a great review. You are correct that things can happen. While the ideal situation would be having a trouble-free stay, there is always that opportunity for something to happen. It is how you handle the situation that makes the difference. Our Management trains the staff to be able to handle situations and ensure they are able to make immediate decisions to ensure the problem is fixed as quickly and accurately as possible.

Thanks for the review!
New Mexico
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I fully expected this to be a very nice place. From the strange smells in the hallway (downstairs)
to the lack of cleanliness in the room, I was very disappointed. The front desk personnel were EXCELLENT, though. When we got into our room (and, YES, I do inspect everything!) I noticed an empty coffee packet. Okay, no big deal. Then, I checked the bathtub. There was a hair in the tub. We stayed two nights. We were going to stay three but checked out. We had to ask for toilet paper. We had no bath towels one day.
I will say that the breakfast potatoes at the Bistro were very good.

I will NOT be returning here. I could never figure out what the smell in the hallway was. It never went away. I expected a cleaner room, too. It is a nicely furnished room. The bed wasn't very comfortable, though. Overall, just not that great.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patticoke
While we hate hearing about bad experiences, it is good to see the feedback on it.

In regards to the smell, we did have issues during the end of January through the end of February where the City of Lufkin's sewer lines had a build-up. It is then we found out we did not have pea-traps at each end of the lines coming into our building. While the build-up smell was not harmful in any way, it certainly was overwhelming during muggy, low-pressure days. We have since had the pea-traps installed and the smell has gone away.

In regards to the room cleanliness, I would say this is not a common occurance at our property and will do my best to review the circumstances with the information I have.

Again, thank your for the informative review.
Dallas
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I travel to Lufkin, Tx weekly from my home in Dallas. This exceptional hotel and remarkable staff go above and beyond to make my stay feel as close to being at home as possible. Jennifer (the GM) and her whole team do a fantastic job representing the Marriott brand. From the bistro to the housekeeping staff, everyone is always friendly and welcoming. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Lufkin.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Drew K
YAY! Thanks Drew! As always, you guys are a great group! The entire team loves having you here!

Thanks again for the recommendations!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lufkin
Best Western Plus Crown Colony Inn & Suites
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#7 of 14 in Lufkin
Hampton Inn & Suites Nacogdoches

Been to Courtyard Lufkin? Share your experiences!