“Great fried rolls”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Lufkin, TX
“Great fried rolls”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Barbeque is okay, Mashed Potatoe Salad Yuk. Great fried rolls. They should coat them with Powdered Sugar & sell them as Beniet's. The would have a line backed up to 2-point daily.

Visited May 2012

Houston, Texas
“Not good at all”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stopped here while driving to Louisiana for what we thought would be good BBQ based on Urban Spoon reviews, but we were sorely mistaken. When I walked through the door I was hit with the odor of smoked meat which further raised my expectations. Service was fine, the rolls w/ honey were good but that's where the good stops. I had the three meat place with brisket, sausage, and turkey with potato salad and beans. The portions pissed me off to begin with after knowing that I was going to be paying over $13 for my food. Now I'm not a big guy, but this plate of food was more suited for a 10 year old portion. The potato salad was like cold mashed potatoes (yes, smooth, not chunky and no texture) with very little taste... almost like potato buds, not real potatoes. The beans were average... they were beans. My two kids had the BBQ sandwich (2 and 4 years old) which they took a bite out of and refused to eat anymore. I took a bite and then realized why... it was nasty. And now for the kicker... the BBQ sauce was HORRID!! It tasted like vomit... literally, the taste in your mouth after you throw up... this is exactly what it tasted like. Left this place irritated and hungry.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank cavscouth
Lufkin, Texas
“No Value”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My ribs were few and tough. No value here. My husband was disappointed, too. The food they sereve just isn't worth what they charge. Very disappointed.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Lisa W
Simpson, LA
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I grew up in Lufkin and have eaten at Lufkin BBQ more times than I could possibly remember over the years. But I must say, the last two times have been very disappointing. The beef was alright, the beans that used to be so wonderful now taste slightly burnt and the potato salad doesn't taste anywhere as good as it once did! What's happened to their food? The only thing that tastes the same are the rolls, which are still very good. Unfortunately, I no longer have any desire to eat there anymore when we go home to visit family. So disappointing!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Ozarkgirl11
Pittsburgh
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The fried rolls are awesome. Good local BBQ. Been here several times in the last few years. Food tastes great to me.

• Visited November 2011