“Good BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Pittsburgh
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The fried rolls are awesome. Good local BBQ. Been here several times in the last few years. Food tastes great to me.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank temporaryinsanity

Lufkin, Texas
“Stringers Has The best bar b q around”
Reviewed December 23, 2010

There ribs and link are great and the sauce is awesome. I love to be on my way to work and smell the smoke.

South Houston, Texas
“Disgusting BBQ”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I have worked at Lufkin Bar B Q and I have to tell you that the potato salad is made with instant boxed flake potato's, mustard, and those red things that are supposed to be tomatoes or something, I don't eat potato salad and I'm glad I never ate it while I worked there. That place is awful. Bodacious is sooo much better!!!

East Texas
“What has went wrong at my favorite BBQ restaurant?”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I have eaten at Lufkin BBQ since I was a little girl and have always loved the food, service, and the atmosphere. The last 3 times I visited this restaurant the food was horrible!!! The beef brisquet was tough and leathery and had absolultely no flavor at all. The beans and potato salad was mediocre at best. The only thing that was still good was the great rolls served as this establishment. The prices have been rising but I did not mind paying the price as long as the food was good. I am so sorry that his place is going down hill. The service at the drive thru window was poor with a long wait and an unfriendly cashier at the window. I don't understand what has happened to my favorite BBQ restaurant but I will not be back.

2 Thank EastTexasUnhappy
East Texas
“Another local institution going down the drain”
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This local BBQ spot used to be the best in Lufkin...well, in my opinion, this is no longer the case.
Meats (beef, pork chicken, ribs) used to be tender & juicy; now they are dry, tough & tasteless. The portions have shrunk, but the prices have not.
Fri. & Sat. nights we used to have to wait for a table...no more. Same goes for the drive-thru window---always a line; not now---drive right up to the glass & place your order (if you dare).
I've eaten at this establishment for 33 years, but I'm looking for someplace else in Deep East Texas for good BBQ. So long, Lufkin Bar B Q---it's been nice knowing you...I won't be back !!

1 Thank fastcheapandeasy