“Authentic Mexican Food in Redland, Texas”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Morales Mexican Food
Ranked #30 of 118 Restaurants in Lufkin
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Authentic Mexican Food in Redland, Texas”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We usually eat at the Morales in Redland, which in my opinion is better than the restaurant of the same name in Lufkin. I believe the Lufkin branch has changed some recipies, not as good as in years past, but the Redland restraurant will blow your socks off with their outstanding salsa & chips, the refried beans are to die for, the enchildas are as good as you will find in the area, and only my wife makes a better chili relleno.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank bluemax1914

Livingston, Texas
“So-So Food. Nice waitstaff.. and fast”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Had the Enchilada Plate and Tea... It was ok. Just OK.
The rest of our group had Tamales. I tried one and thought it was a better than average Tamale.

Service was EXCELLENT. I'd go back..

• Visited December 2011
Jacksonville, FL
“That was awful!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

There is nothing at this place that would make it worth a second visit. Even chain restaurants are head and shoulders above this place. Gloppy flavorless goo. Avoid this one.

Fluid
“Good! Not what I was expecting.”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

After reading the reviews here, I decided to give the place a shot. My son and I drove up to the restaurant and could not find a place to park. GREAT sign that this is a popular place. I drove a quick errand and came back finding parking. I was surprised, walking in and seeing cheap tables and hardly any decor. (Not that I am an aesthetic person) We sat and were promptly served chips, salsa and peppers, onions and carrots. The salsa was spicier than normal, very good. We ordered guacamole, which came on a plate served over lettuce, a little under salted. For lunch I had three rolled beef fajita "Taquitos" , My son had "Super Nachos" The food was fresh, the rice and beans were not your Uncle Ben's variety and the beans were very fresh. All good. The serving size was a little meager for the nearly $10 I spent on my plate and the $7 on my son's..no meat on the nachos. My general impressions; Typical quick Mex fair, with no thrill. I'd recommend and will go again for lunch. Dinner.. Maybe not.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice people, new building, good food”
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Nice people, new building, good food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook