“Go On the First Saturday of the month!”

Ray's Drive In Cafe
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Lufkin
Cuisines: American
Houston, Texas
“Go On the First Saturday of the month!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Nice little Classic/Muscle Car Show on the first Saturday of Every Month!! Great burgers and reasonably priced...A must see if youre in Lufkin!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Elie B

Lufkin, Texas
“Bacon cheeseburger and onion rings keep me coming back!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Ray's is a Lufkin institution! It's as good as a drive-in can get. Hamburgers are made to order, so don't get in a rush; just enjoy! My favorite is the bacon cheeseburger, but for heart disease prevention reasons, I can't enjoy one as often as I would like! But the REAL reason I keep coming back are those onion rings! A generous shake (or two!) of salt and some ketchup - the perfect side to a burger!

Orange, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Ketchup :(”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I got the rays special burger and an order of onion rings. The burger was good, but nothing special. The onion rings had no seasoning and we decided to take the food to the park nearby so my son could play. We realized they had forgotten our request for extra ketchup and given us none. Perhaps I could have eaten the onion rings if I had gotten ketchup. But since I didn't I don't recommend the onion rings. My son got fries, they were good, but lacked salt as well.

• Visited March 2014
Lufkin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only Tried Once, But Made an Impression”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The ladies who worked behind the counter were very sweet, helpful and patient with me. I ordered a burger, a shake and onion rings; all were very good! I would love to go back and try what else they have to offer, unfortunately I don't make it to that side of town much. :/

• Visited September 2013
Austin, Texas
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We heard great things about this burger place, but our family was not impressed. The chicken strips were good, but the burger was very plain, needed some seasoning. Maybe we just picked a bad day.

• Visited August 2013