“Professional Service, Good Food”

Cheddar's Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 124 Restaurants in Lufkin
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I live in Lufkin, and the biggest complaint my wife I and have about dining out is the lack of professionalism in the food service industry. That is not the case with the Cheddar's Restaurant of Lufkin. There are three restaurants with good service here, and Cheddar's is tops on the list.

In addition, the food is excellent. The menu has all the favorites, but also some pretty special dishes that cannot be found at other restaurants. On my most recent trip, we ordered one of their specialties with a few changes. They made it just the was I ordered it. I have come to expect nothing less from this restaurant.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This is our second time eating at a Cheddars and we absolutely are in love with their food. They have really good drinks too. Onion rings are a must for appetizer :-) go get ya some!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've been to this restaurant before and have loved it every time. On Friday, January 3rd I went to Cheddar's and had pretty horrible service. The food was great and I just hope I don't ever have the same service from there again.

Here is the rant on the service I received:
My grandmother and I went into the restaurant and got a seat right away. Then we waited, and waited, and watched all the waiters (it felt like at least 20) walking around. After about 10 minutes, I flag down a hostess to let her know we need a waiter. David (I believe was his name, I'll have to check the receipt and update if it's not right/ he is around 200 lbs, Hispanic) took our drink order and food order at the same time, we received no apology for the wait. I asked for Chips and Queso, a Monster Cookie and my grandma had a Chicken Salad) A different waiter brought our food and quickly, so things started to look up. We loved the food as usual, but the I kept waiting on the Monster Cookie. He never did ask how were doing at any point. My grandma had to flag him down to ask for a to-go box, and at that time, I asked for the ticket. When the ticket came out, I had the Monster Cookie on the ticket. Umm, I never got the Monster Cookie. He removed it without apologizing again, just stating "You didn't want it anymore?" Well, if he would have ever brought it to me, yes. I really wanted that dessert. After he fixed the ticket, I paid and left in such a bad mood. I figured the dessert would help after I had been sick the past week.

1  Thank JillianKait