“Very good steaks”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #56 of 124 Restaurants in Lufkin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Service was very good and the atmosphere also good. The t bone was excellent. Very tender, tasty and cooked exactly as ordered.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Typical Franchise Steak.
6 brands of Bottle Beer domestic, 4 brands import
clean, fun, bright.
Service was VERY good! No real complaints except that the Steak Cuts and cooking style really hold this chain back from challenging the market's top rated eateries.

It's a safe bet.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

There were two of us dining....ordered prime rib with excellent caesar salad and baked potato....also grilled chicken with ribs...out of all that food, the ribs were the best!!

Erin waited on us and gave us awesome service .

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I like my steak raw yet warm inside and this is the place to get it. Most places over cook it or if they do manage to keep it raw it's usually cold inside. I love the lobster topping, it has a nice spice to it. I've never had bad service here, I love to eat here with the family!

Reviewed January 6, 2010

I am having difficulty understanding how this restaurant can stay in business...after the wretched service we experienced during our visit recently. I guess they are depending on people driving through Lufkin to/from Houston & Dallas to keep them open.
First, our waiter tried to pawn off an appetizer even after we said "none tonight, thanks." He then proceeded to stand at our table & wait for us to make a selection---even though we had not cracked open the menu. (By the way, about 1/4 of the menu items are "limited availability", so you have to ask the waitstaff if they have the item or not.) A couple of menu items were unavailable, but I had my heart set on one particular selection; I asked if the restaurant had this dish, & our waiter said "I'm not sure." (HUH ??) I suggested he go & check in the kitchen, but he said "order it & if it isn't available, you can order something else." Why couldn't he just walk back to the kitchen & FIND OUT ?? (Better yet, why doesn't Outback print up a "special" menu that shows the items they DO have that day ?)
Well, we ordered...I asked specifically for a substitution of fries for the "garlic mashed potatoes," which apparently must be a staple item at Outback.(I'm not fond of "G.M.P" & think they are seriously over-rated---what's wrong with good old-fashioned mashed potatoes ? Besides, I feel they are so "80's'--- & they usually end up as mashed garlic with very little potato...)
Our two orders arrived from the kitchen...guess what ? BOTH were wrong. And what was on my order? That's right !! Garlic Mashed Potatoes !!! (No fries) I asked the waiter to return my plate & bring me the correct order, & he said "well, you can keep the GMP & make an EXTRA order for fries. I said, No---send my plate back & get it correct. He wanted ME to pay for an extra order because he (or the kitchen) goofed up !! Finally, both orders were corrected...and before we had finished our dinner, he was back at the table with the check...and proceeded to stand there & wait for us to pay up ! We said to come back in a while & we would settle the check. He made one quick trip to the kitchen, & was back leaning on the table ready to settle the bill. Why the big rush ? (It wasn't like the restaurant was crowded---it was a Monday evening & only about 5 or 6 tables occupied). The only thing we could think of was that he had a "hot date" later, or was too interested in watching the football game playing on the TV's in the restaurant.
Shame on the management for allowing this level of ineptitude to continue...the waiter must have been poorly trained (or just stupid & didn't care); but what could have been a nice evening dining at Outback Steakhouse turned into a disaster. I seriously doubt if my girlfriend & I will EVER return to this restaurant, and probably won't dine in an Outback Steakhouse anywhere in the future. There are way too many other choices for dining to have to put up with this kind of crap ! Restaurants of this caliber need to remember that return business can be a valuable asset...don't depend on uninformed (& unaware) travelers coming through town to keep paying the rent!!