“Excellent catering too”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Excellent catering too”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have had lunch at Milagros Tea House many times, and I always enjoy the meal and the cozy, quiet dining there. I had to host a gathering at our school, so I thought to ask Milagros if they would cater it, and they happily said they would. The event at our school was catered beautifully. They worked with me on the meal plans, and it was delivered promptly, with everything we needed. The food was piping hot that was supposed to be hot. The flavored teas were delicious. The salad was cool and refreshing. The chocolate cobbler dessert was wonderfully warm and delicious. Everyone ate their fill, and compliments were generous. I would not hesitate to contract with them to host another event.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Donna C

Simpson, LA
“Absolutely Fabulous!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

While planning a recent visit to Lufkin, my daughter and I discovered that they now have a couple of tea houses. After researching a few review sites and seeing photos, we decided to try Milagros. It was very close to all the antique shops we were exploring, so it was convenient for us. The restaurant is in a cozy frame house. Entrance is in the rear. The decor is absolutely charming. Antique wooden tables and chairs covered with lace tablecloths, various placemats and unique salt & pepper shakers on each table. We visited around 2:30 pm, after the lunch crowd on a Friday, so we were the only guests at that time. Our waiter was extremely sweet and polite. He was very informative, charming and attentive throughout our time there. I ordered the house special - chicken enchiladas with a house salad and sourdough bread and my daughter ordered a chicken avocado panini with Greek pasta salad. Upon our waiter informing us of their various teas, my daughter simply had a regular unsweetened, but I had the strawberry hibiscus tea. Wow! My mouth waters just remembering how wonderful that tea was! It came unsweetened and instead of using the sweetener at the table, I added stevia that I always carry in my purse. Our meal arrived in about 15 minutes and the appearance was absolutely lovely. The house salad was gorgeus - green and purple lettuce leaves topped with pecans, strawberries, and mandarin oranges. The taste was fresh and delicious as was my enchiladas. My daughter fell in love with the pasta salad! It looked so simple - a thin spaghetti with olives interspersed and feta cheese - but the taste was so fresh and delicious. The panini was cooked perfectly with just the right amount of crunch! Our waiter checked on us often and always made sure my tea glass was full. I drank four glasses - I couldn't get enough of it! About halfway through our meal, our waiter and chef came together to our table to make sure we were pleased with the presentation as well as the flavor of our meal. As we finished, our waiter informed us of their desserts - chocolate cobbler and various gelatos. He informed us that the tea house had been in business for 2 years and their chocolate cobbler had been voted best dessert in town for 2 years in a row. So, we opted to share one. (I'm a very good cook myself and I'm hard to impress.) He brought us the cobbler topped with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate. It was very good, indeed. The ambience of the tea house was so nice that my daughter and I just sat and talked and enjoyed being there for about 30 minutes after finishing our meal. At the checkout counter, the chef showed us the various teas and sauces for sale. (On the menu, there was listed Afternoon Tea - it said you could make a reservation after 1pm and you have a choice of a variety of hot teas, along with sandwiches, and various pastries. My daughter and I plan on doing this our next trip to Lufkin!) We had such a delightful experience here - absolutely perfect for our girl time!! We highly recommend!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Ozarkgirl11
Lufkin, Texas
“Wonderful Tea House in downtown Lufkin”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just had tea there yesterday with a friend and am delighted to write this review. Milagros is nestled in downtown Lufin and feels like home the minute you walk through the door. Created from a historic home, Milagros is beautifully decorated and has full pane windows that allows the sunlight to fill the rooms. The rooms are spacious and lovely. With all that said, that isn't even the best part. They carry a multitude of teas for anyone's taste. The food is always fresh, tasty and delicious. Then you get to the desserts and you can't pass them up. Milagros is more than a Tea House. They are a full service restaurant and their service is best in town. They cater and will prepare a wonderful take home dinner. On the day I went, there was a group of ladies playing cards in one of their rooms and enjoy tea and dessert. When you go to Milagros, you feel like you have stepped into your own personal getaway where you can relax, enjoy your friend(s) company, dine and de-stress the day away.

• Visited January 2013