“The BEST in Lufkin!”

Hampton Inn Hampton Inn and Suites Lufkin
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I usually stay at the Best Western in Lufkin, but they were booked. We had a difficult time finding the hotel. But, once we did, all I can say is WOW! We had a king sized room with a couch and mini kitchen. The room was immaculate!!
I loved the extended kitchenette area. I also LOVED the bathroom with plugs on BOTH ends of the counter.
I was VERY impressed that they change the sheets and duvet cover for each guest.
It takes a LOT to impress me. Hampton Inn & Suites impressed me. As long as they have a smoking room available, I will go here from now on.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Patticoke

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Room was excellent and clean. I did have a problem with the bathroom drain stopper but other than that okay .

I do not always get a complimentary paper since I am about honors member but can't seem to get their attention to correct the problem.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I was disappointed to see the hotel prices for a small East Texas town, but I generally try to stay at Hilton properties. I booked online and received a call a day later to verify what type of beds I wanted and to let me know that my room would be less than the online price quote I received. Off to a good start!

The rooms were clean, the Internet access worked great, and the breakfast was excellent. You do have to drive a few miles back into town to find restaurants, but Lufkin is small enought that it isn't a big issue. Overall the property has a very clean and well-kept appearance and feel. My wife is picky, and she gave it a thumbs-up!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BigTxDaddy
Reviewed January 14, 2012

My sister, who was traveling from Minnesota, met me in Lufkin, Texas. We were attending the funeral of our aunt whose services were about thirty miles away in a tiny East Texas town. My husband and I arrived early, and the desk receptionist said that was no problem. We were in our room in less than ten minutes. The lobby area was very attractive and neat; I asked if this was a new property. She replied that it was not but that it was very well maintained. She was right. All was very nice there. There was a lovely stream in woods outside our bedroom window. Beds were comfy. Breakfast was hot and tasty. The location was, for us, perfect. There were restaurants nearby, and the neighborhood was well-kept. I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor...our view was nice!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BGJW
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Very quite and clean up dated room and good staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank beach6
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Love this hotel -- very quiet and very lovely inside.

Great bed and pillows!

Great shower.

Don't bother though going next door to the Hole in One Cafe -- very rude -- they wouldn't let us in 'cause we had NO reservations.

Do eat though at Outback -- less than 1 mile away -- great service and wonderful food!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a nice, clean typical hotel found in most locations around the country. Room was nice, clean well appointed with a large flat screen HD TV. Breakfast was normal and adequate. Worst part of the whole Lufkin area was the inability to get cell phone reception (not the fault of the Hampton Inn).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lufkin
Best Western Plus Crown Colony Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#11 of 14 in Lufkin
Hampton Inn & Suites Nacogdoches

Been to Hampton Inn Hampton Inn and Suites Lufkin? Share your experiences!