“All atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Crab cakes way below expectations. Some foods perpared ahead of time and served later. Food that should be hot served warm. Salad starting to wilt some.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

I have been a fan of their sea food platter. But if you want fish , shrimp and oysters that have been cooked days and heated in a microwave this is for you. Their quality has gone to nothing. And the last time I ordered I even told them I wanted it hot, fresh and cooked today. That was not what I got.

Reviewed July 8, 2010

The portions where huge and the desserts were good, but overall I don't get the hype about this place.

The prices are pretty high, and the food is actually bland. We went here recently on all-you-can-eat shrimp night, and the fried shrimp just had a dry, basic taste to them. Almost like the oil was old and they didn't season the batter or salt the shrimp when they came out.

Also, what is up with the gumbo at this place? First time I went here, the gumbo was nice and smooth and was loaded with big chunks of seafood.

This past time I got a bowl and it was this big gloppy mess that almost looked like it was starting to curdle a little. And there were just specs of seafood. I also had to add about a half cup of hot sauce since it was so bland.

The choices for eating around Lufkin are pretty bad, and this place could be the best if they could be more consistent with their seasoning. It also wouldn't hurt to lower the prices a little.

Just my .02

Reviewed February 11, 2010

We spent the night in the nearby best western and had a nice dinner at this restaurant. Food was good and we order the sea platter which is good for two people. A lot of food. Service was very good and the whole atmosphere was just nice.

Reviewed August 27, 2009

After eating at R&K's you can't deny the Lousiana influence in Deep East Texas! Delicious Cajun style seafood with friendly service in a nice atmosphere. I would go there for a fun romantic dinner or a business meal.