“Not too bad but not great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
“Not too bad but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Definitely need some work on heating units in rooms. First room we got blew out cold air and no heat. They promptly and politely moved us. That heater worked but by morning it was completely dead. The pool and hit tub were fine. Breakfast was ok

Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stay here on business and am a Choice Privilege member. This is at the top in cleanliness and friendly staff among all the Choice Hotels I have stayed in, in the last several years. They go out of their way to help when I need assistance with anything I need when I am meeting with personnel or just needing to fax something, very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Christopher
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Arrived in a Saturday absolutely beat from a busy work week. Plenty of effortless parking and rapid check-in... Pleasant lobby area nicely decorated... And the room was AWESOME.!! Quiet rooms and temperature was perfect in the room. Hot Shower with great water pressure... And the towels smelled really fresh and were soft like new towels should! Breakfast was pretty good, and the Staff was Absolutely Wonderful, Accommodating, and Quick to help with an issue I came across after my vehicle was blocked in by another guest. They handled that quickly and the day just got better from there. I'll definitely mark THIS location down in my "Book of a Great stays"..!

• Stayed January 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Something up front: I am a Choice Privileges Diamond Member, so obviously I prefer Comfort Inn; because in my experiences with the Comfort Inn chains, you are far more likely with Comfort Inn to get a nine great experiences and one mediocre with them than any other chain. Well I am happy to report that this Comfort Inn is at the top of list, and I have stayed in them from New York to Colorado. This is excellent, because my sister and family just moved here; so I will be frequenting this hotel over the next ten years or so. I used my points for this stay, but would have gladly paid their nightly rate. From the room reservation to the location; the breakfast bar to the fresh towels; the maid staff to the front desk; everything was tip-top shape. The building itself is probably a little older; but they keep it up very nicely. The staff was extremely helpful and generous in all their services. The pool was perfect temperature. The breakfast was one of the best ones that I've had in quite some time- I don't usually give tips to the attendants, and I generously provided one to her for her above standard marks.. The only thing that I can't comment on was the fitness center- did not have time with the kids. We will see you again soon- probably for summer break to visit again!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel; third floor was pretty quiet. The kids slept soundly until 7:30ish!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JJ S
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

On business and had to stay in Lufkin, Texas for the night, we were on our way to the Beaumont, Texas. I really enjoy that stay that hotel. My daughter enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and of course Mama enjoyed that wonderful Hot tub. They room had an excellent selections of cable services. Plus they had an awesome breakfast. I have to admit the indoor pool was little cold. But you didn't mind after sitting the hot tub. Plus they had complimentary coffee thru out the day. My daughter had made a comment, look they got coffee, I wished they had hot cocoa. Well the front desk heard what she had said, she immediately came from behind they desk with an enthusiastic attitude to accommodate my daughter. When we vacated the hotel, we great with hello and glad you came. Oh did I mention that the bed was so soft and the amenities were wonderful. This hotel was great. The again exceptional guest services.

Room Tip: very soft beds
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel is very clean and well appointed with a cozy sitting area downstairs with a fireplace (electric but still cozy), nice breakfast area, work out room and indoor pool and hot tub. For the price, we were very surprised that our King room was so large, with high ceilings, dark crown molding, little bar area with fridge and microwave, a nice couch, flat screen TV, and very comfortable bed. We never even turned on the air because the room temp was quite comfortable. The window faced a wooded area instead of the typical parking lot which made it quieter and more private. Breakfast was very good with many selections, including waffles, regular and light yogurt, cheese omelets and sausage. After breakfast we walked on upscale treadmills in the exercise room, which was very clean, cool, and had a flat screen TV on the wall. It overlooks the indoor pool and hot tub, which were also very clean and well taken care of. This indoor pool has windows facing the woods on 2 sides, the exercise room on 1 side, and the breakfast area on the last side, which makes it fairly private compared to some because people are rarely in the exercise room or breakfast area when you are swimming. In general, the staff was very friendly and courteous. The only thing I feel could be improved upon is how loud the cleaning staff is in the hallway before 9:00 a.m. We checked in late and were trying to sleep in a little, but, even tho there was a “do not disturb” hanger on our door, making it obvious someone was still in the room, they were yelling at each other from the hallway to inside the rooms and slamming doors as they entered and exited the rooms. I wrote this on the in room review and mentioned to the front desk when we left. Hopefully someone will address this and it won’t be an issue in the future. To address the "musty" review, we did notice a slight musty smell when we entered the room, but it did not bother us at all after that. The loud housekeeping issue is not enough to change our overall excellent experience here. My daughter and son-in-law live in the area and recommend this hotel to many traveling through, as they did with us. I had looked at reviews, and had narrowed it down to this and one other hotel. The other was considerably more expensive and I was pleasantly surprised to find the Comfort Suites exceeded our expectations and was as nice as the more expensive hotel would have been. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, top floor rooms would be the quietest.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for buisness and I usual tend to stay here, this hotel seems more comfortable than the surrounding hotels. The staff is very friendly, though it was very hard for me to get a hold of the front desk in the morning since she was always gone on her smoking break. The staff should look a little more professional I don't think having a tee shirt and flip flops for a uniform is really for management. Breakfast was quiet nice, I enjoyed that she was always smiling and making sure the area was clean. Housekeeping didn't really go into my room bc of my do not disturb sign and they weren't available after 3. Overall nice staff, I will plan on staying here more often

• Stayed August 2013