“Very nice. ”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a very clean, comfortable room. It had a huge television instead of a standard size 27 to 30 inch screen. Bathroom was clean as well no issues there The check in staff did not welcome me to the property when I walked in,:she did not ask for my loyalty number either.She barely made eye contact with me, maybe it was i wasn't wearing a business suit but a hoodie instead.. I asked about food delivery options because I am a trucker and her response was "pizza is available"not mentioning the fully staffed restaurant on site. Bottom line is i will return and highly recommend you stay there. I can only hope my front desk experience was an isolated event.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Herb C

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Usually when i come to lufkin, i stay with family. This time, however, I decided that I did not want to sleep in the twin size bed that i grew up in. I decided to stay at Quality Inn. From the road... this place isn't pretty. But, as soon as I walked into the lobby to check in, i was very surprised. The clerk at the desk was very nice, and knew what she was doing. My check in process took no time, and the rate for the weekend was not bad. On to my room. Again... I was very pleasantly surprised! The rooms are spacious and clean, and if you happen to have forgotten anything, like i did, the front desk is very fast to bring you anything that you need. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. I will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have stayed at this particular hotel multiple times. Normally I have no problems, but my most recent experience has caused me to come to the decision to never stay here again for two reasons.

1. I forgot an item in my room at check out and it was a circus to get back. After realizing that I had forgotten the item in my room before I left town that afternoon, I went back to see if they had found it. The room had been cleaned and the item was not there. I was informed by the manager that if housekeeping found it they had it locked up in the housekeeping room, and he could not get it for me because they hide stuff and keep it locked away from the front office staff.

I was told to call the next manager that night and he may could help me. At first he told me I would have to call back the next morning when housekeeping got there because he could not go in their room, but he eventually did and the one bright spot on this stay was that I was able to come back the next day and get the item, which was my S&W 9MM pistol..

2. I paid with a business check, as I had several times before on my previous visits. Only this time they also charged my personal account, which caused me to have overdraft fees. I was told I was supposed to give them the check at check in, but I was never asked for a check, even after I asked the girl checking me in if they would take one and she said yes.
At check out, they did not want to take the check, but after getting the manager on the phone, they eventually did.
When I called about the charge and finally got the manager, she refused to refund the fee they had caused, saying the error was mine, even though they only charged my card for one room and not both of them, and then she hung up on me.
As I have stayed here multiple times, I know they have never asked for my check at check in, and this trip turned into a nightmare due to woefully inefficient customer service, lack of job knowledge by front desk, and in house bickering between the front desk and house keeping. And I know much of this because my wife once worked for the same owner in his other hotel right beside this one.

Be warned and stay away!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Faustino N
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hot water only no cold water when I went to the office offered another room in a little while. He was updating some thing on the computer. Then put some washing in then when it was done put in the dryer and the dryers do not work. Went to office and ask if we or they could put one load in their dryer. We did not know what we were going to do with the wet landry. Amber at the frout desk said the housekepper just left so no. Amber said we should go to a landry mat or to a motal neex to them and use there. We stayed at this motel about 6 weeks ago the one dryer did not work then and the handle was broke on the other and was still broke. When I walked to the room I passsed 2 housekeepers cleaning rooms and Amber said they all went home. When I ckecked out ,I asked Amber for the manger she said she would have her call me. Her name is Emmalee Adkins. She Did Not Call !!!!! This is a $80.00 night that was very disappointing. I will Never Stay At This One Again. Why did she not call me????

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cheryll A
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Before I chose this hotel I read a few reviews and was a little iffy of whether or not to stay here but I'm glad I did! Lufkin is my hometown so when I came to visit my mom I knew of a few places to stay but the prices were ridiculous! $100+ for a room wasn't in my budget. I paid $74.99+ tax which came to $82. When I got to the room I was very surprised! It looked like I was in best western or comfort suites! Nice big flat screen, very clean shower, no smell whatsoever and the bed was clean and comfy. No holes in my comforter, the sheets were white as could be, pillows nice and fluffy and clean not to mention free wifi! Nice mini fridge and high tech microwave. Complimentary coffee (which was good and they have folgers fresh brewed in the lobby) and coffee maker blow dryer, iron and ironing board, CLEAN white towels and I LOVED THE SHOWER! I'm 6'0 and my boyfriend is 6'3 and we didn't have to bend over to wash our hair! That's better than my house! The water pressure was AMAZING! The toilet was white and CLEAN. My experience here was AMAZING and I wish we could stay longer! One thing for sure I'll never pay $120 at the marriott or best western again! This place was just as good for a lot cheaper! The location is close to everything. The outside is very appeasing to the eye but who cares? The inside is wonderful! If u have any problems the staff will fix or or you'll be refunded your money! Awesome awesome awesome! The staff is soooo nice! I just couldn't believe I had the experience I did at quality inn!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2013

From the young man who took my reservation & checked me in to the gentleman who went next door to aquire a crib & the lady who immediately assigned us a different room when we had a slight problem with the location of the first. "Great job all of you" The staff was absolutely wonderful. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds and cool a/c. I will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It's the last night of our very long trip. I should have taken the reviews more seriously. There are cobwebs on the ceiling and the sink smells when the water runs. I didn't smell it in the shower but the shower was difficult to adjust. Went to vending machine for water to take meds and it ate my money. Looks like there's no breakfast. Sounded like a noisy party going on last night but I believe it came from across the highway. From wherever, the beat pounded away and you can hear the traffic going by. There was no Kleenex. Room is large.

Room Tip: Get a room away from highway.