“Need Major Improvement on customer service.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South

Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Diboll, Texas
“Need Major Improvement on customer service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Could not provide towels every night for customer...ridiculous!!! Hotel continued to use the excuse...towels were on back order...which is never a good enough excuse for a hotel....night after, night.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear faithkate10,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I am happy to learn that you like our hotel location. Please accept our apologies that your stay did not meet expectations. We do apologize for the disappointment you experienced with the level of staff service encountered. Your comments have been forward to the appropriate departments so that the necessary improvements can be made.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip the area.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lufkin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are dependents of a military member who had to leave for an assignment today in Houston. Me and my son stopped for the evening after long emotional day. During our check in the staff was professional. However at 1200 am the hotel guests next to us were arguing for over an hour. I contacted the front desk twice to report it as it woke us up and was a inappropriate conversation. I was told they had to follow procedure before it can be addressed. If I knew that this was a partying hotel and this unprofessional I most certainly would not have selected this location as there are four other hotels in the same parking lot!

Room Tip: I would call ahead to see what large groups they have staying prior to making a reservation.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank Unhappy Travele... T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Lufkin South, TX.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Lufkin hotels

dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I figure if a hotel charges $125 per night, there should be follow up to honor early check in requests, the key should open the room and material in the room hotel folder should be properly categorized. Even if these are not 'deal breakers', they do serve to partially invalidate the $125 charge for a fairly conventional room with non-extraordinary facilities.

We arrived at 2 PM and (despite putting in an online request for an early check in) were told that the rooms were not ready and would be ready at 3 PM ( the regularly scheduled check in time). Checked in at 4 PM, key given would not open the door. Went down to reception again and were given keys to another room (fortunately on the same floow).

While checking in, information on internet password was only provided upon asking. No information was provided as to when and where breakfast would be. Room was non-extraordinary. Had to fiddle with HDMI connection to get the XBOX to work with the TV and there was foul smelling water from the faucet.

In summary, this is a $75 dollar value hotel masquerading as a $125 one. Stay at a regular Best-Western or Comfort inn for the same (or better) amenities and service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank bugbit
Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the way to Galveston for a cruise. The desk staff was extremely friendly and nice. The room was very nice. No complaints at all. We wished every hotel we stayed in on the trip was just like this one!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Moundsville, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was my second time staying at a Holiday Inn Express. It's new and clean and the rooms are nicely appointed. The breakfast was very nice. Lots of choices! The only real complaint I have is: If you are a Verizon customer, you have NO cell service inside the building. I had connectivity in the parking lot, but the other person traveling with me did not. Also...there are no restaurants right close. You have to go back toward town to find anything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We spent the night at this hotel in order to visit with numerous, longtime friends who were attending an antique automobile tour in Lufkin and the surrounding areas. The Holiday Inn Express was the host hotel for the tour. The hotel was very clean throughout. Our room was quiet, very comfortable and we enjoyed the small, tidy kitchen area during our stay. Their staff was friendly and helpful - no small feat with a large number of guests running in and out, and constantly asking questions. In the morning, the hotel's buffet was kept replenished, and the food and eating areas were kept clean and in good order. This hotel is near the terminal for the Texas State Railroad, which features excursions on steam powered trains, in addition to close proximity to lakes and other outdoor recreational areas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIXLufkin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete this online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed at this property a number of times over the past year. There are many things I like about it. It's clean, modern, there are ceiling fans in the rooms, the breakfasts are tasty, etc.

However, the pillows are extremely hard, even the ones that are labeled "soft." I gave the property a bad review in March of this year because of the lack of soft pillows. As a result of that review, I received an email from the Assistant General Manager of the property, informing me that they were in the priocess of getting quotes so they could replace the pilows labeled "soft" with pillows that are truly soft. This indicates to me that I'm not the only guest complaining about the lack of soft pillows.

I've stayed at the Lufkin property twice since that time. My most recent stay was last week. The hard pillows are still there. I suppose I could bring my own pillow, but I'm not inclined to do that when I'm paying over $100 per night for a hotel room in Lufkin, Texas. There are other hotels sharing the same parking lot. I'll switch my business to one of those hotels. The good qualities of the Holiday Inn Express don't mean much if I can't sleep well.

I'm a Priority Club Platinum member and I earned my Platinum status the hard way...strictly based on the number of nights I spend at Intercontinental Hotel Group member properties. I've never had an issue with pillows at any of the other IHG properties or brands.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank RodInLouisiana
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear RodInLouisiana,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Platinum member and for leaving a feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to help us continually improve our guest services.

I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the pillows and deeply regret that this has negatively affected your overall experience with us. It is our fullest intention to fulfill and meet our guests' needs, as such, this issue will be worked out with the concerned departments to ensure the quality of our amenities.

As a Platinum member, your patronage is very important to our hotel. As such, your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Dhan M
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lufkin
Courtyard Lufkin
#7 of 14 in Lufkin
Comfort Suites Nacogdoches
Comfort Suites Nacogdoches
#6 of 13 in Nacogdoches

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South? Share your experiences!