“WE HAD A BLAST!”
Review of Luckenbach Texas

Luckenbach Texas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Making Music, Making Friends & Making Memories. Everybody's Somebody in Luckenbach Texas!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We'd stopped in at Luckenbach General Store earlier in the day on our way to wander the shops of Fredericksburg and we noticed that the dance hall was going to be open that night. So, after letting the wife do her shopping and me have my dinner, what else could we have done but go for a night of dancing at the world renowned Luckenbach Dancehall?

WE HAD A BLAST! When we arrived the dance hall was nearly empty and I was afraid that we'd spent $15 each to visit some old dud place that we'd heard of in a song many years ago. Boy, was I wrong. The live music didn't start until later and by the time it did the house was packed. I'm no dancer but if my wife can get me in a crowd then she's not too embarrassed because she figures no one is paying much attention our way. This place was packed with real two-steppers who knew how to dance. The two bands that played, I can't remember their names, were awesome. That goes to show the level of musical accomplishment in this area. Couples from young teens to old blue hairs slid and stepped across the floor until after midnight.

Take the kids if you want, beer is plentyful but I saw no drunks. It was just a good time and many, many smiles.

1  Thank slambert73
"hill country"
in 8 reviews
"fire pit"

Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband an I went there as part of our anniversary getaway weekend. We were staying at Aarons cottage down the road in Fredericksburg. So we checked it out. They had a live band. There was plenty of room on dance floor. If you like a rough crowd, don't come because, I would actually bring my kids here, they are 12 & 17. There were people of all ages there. I thought it was sweet how this grandpa and his grandaughter were out there dancing. Its also nonsmoking. Ain't nobody feelin no pain...you can get beer $4, which is about avg. The only complaint is that it was saterday night and the band quit playing at 11:45. That was disappointing because we just got there at like 10:30pm.

1  Thank amy a
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Me and my boyfriend went on a trip to Luckenbach to see a Charlie Robison concert here! We had the BEST time! The people were friendly and lively, they had ample seating and snacks/beers/EVERYTHING! We danced the night away, and WE WILL BE BACK!

1  Thank Lucy P
Reviewed August 4, 2011

After spending one day too many in Frederisgburg we venture out and decided to visit the place that is mentioned in a few country songs and I have to say that my only regret was that we could not stay longer...there are many deers around the area and we were in motorcycles a bit dangerous...otherwise excellent place to have beer, good music and very friendly people...by the way poppulation is 4...we had best time ever...can't wait to go again....if you are planning to go during the summer time plan to see the Bats ....is not that far away on your way back to town the event its worth seeing! Enjoy!