“A nice surprise ”

Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Arlington
“A nice surprise ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Residence Inn for business last month. I was completely satisfied with the accommodations. The hotel has free internet access which is very important when traveling for business. The staff is extremely friendly and professional on all levels. The hotel is centrally located and close to the freeway which provides east access to everywhere you could possibly need to go. And the breakfast was to die for. It is not your usual continental breakfast that you get at most hotels. There is a full breakfast menu served that includes meat, fruit, eggs and veggies. The pool is clean and refreshing and the hotel even has a workout facility. I am not sure what more one could ask for in a hotel that you can not receive here. The beds are clean and comfortable and the cable tv shows all of the good channels. I give this hotel five stars and will recommend to anyone who needs a nice hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank MrsThomas14
Scott T, General Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you very much for all the kind words following your stay with us.

The time of sharing your impressions is very much appreciated. All the team was delighted to read that your stay with us and especially the staff were so enjoyable. We look forward to having the chance to welcome you back in the near future!

Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance with a future booking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We booked this room on Booking.com the day of the stay and got a room with King bed and sofa sleeper for $102. In this day and age unfortunately this is usually a rate that gets you one step above a "no-tell" motel in a lot of cities. We were only looking for a one night stay for a mini vacation (we only live 2 hours away) and decided to take a chance. When we got to the hotel the first thing we noticed was that it was located to the Science Spectrum, which we were visiting the next day, and also the Target and nice restaurants. The outside of the hotel was clean and appeared to be in clean working condition. When I went into the lobby to check in I was impressed with how clean it was and also that there was a sitting area with TV and computer with internet access. There were people watching TV and hanging out and there was a very friendly atmosphere. The only snag we had was that when we checked in the girl at the counter told us that they were overbooked and she was surprised the site let us book a room (Not sure whose fault this was hotels or sites). She was very friendly throughout the entire process and was able to upgrade us at no charge to a two room suite for the night. This made my children's entire stay to have their "own" room! The room was clean, the beds were made freshly ( I used to work in housekeeping and you would be surprised how often this is an issue!), the kitchen was very nice and stocked and if we had been staying longer would have felt comfortable making a meal. Floors were clean, bathrooms were clean overall impressed with the room. Next day worked out in exercise room equipment was older but who goes on vacation to work out anyway?!? After we ate breakfast in lobby and could not believe how many options we had. Sausage and bacon, think was turkey :( but didn't let that get me down too much because the Texas shaped waffles were amazing. Eggs, potatoes. cereal, yogurt, muffins, milk, juice and coffee! Everything was well cooked and hot. Kids swam in the pool which was for the most part clean and everything was in good condition. Basketball court and volleyball. Everyone we encountered on the staff had a smile and asked how we were or how our stay was. I have never dealt with such friendly staff at any hotel, ever. We will be giving this hotel another chance if we ever decided to take another mini trip to Lubbock. I don't know if the overbooking is common at this hotel but would still risk for next time due to how nice everything is.

Room Tip: All rooms are exterior which is very nice. Area was quite other than highway noise which really didn...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Scott T, General Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We do know you have other options to chose when staying Lubbock and we appreciate you chosing us. We do hope to welcome you back very soon!
Arlington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I just completed a stay at the Residence Inn in Lubbock and I was absolutely satisfied. The hotel, Scott and the staff exceeded my expectations. I booked my room with Lashonda and she was a pleasure to deal with. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014
Great review! And hooray for LaShonda! We appreciate you choosing us and thank you for taking the time to review - we hope to have you back again soon.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This Residence Inn is very nice, our room was big and comfy, the air conditioner worked great and the beds where super comfortable! It's very close to restaurants, and the staff was very nice and courteous. I highley recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review! Reading your review makes me want to stay at this hotel. And I work here! - We're glad we could provide a great place for you to stay and look forward to the next time.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for three nights over Memorial Day weekend. The property is tucked back in off of the Loop 289 East frontage road. Slow down when you see the 50 Yard Line restaurant sign because if you miss the one entrance you will have to turn into the Target parking lot and go in the back entrance to the hotel. Parking is ample though you may not be able to get a spot close to your room when the hotel is sold out.

Our check-in was fast and friendly and our goodie bags were waiting for us. We were given room 412, a ground floor unit toward the back. It was very nicely appointed and very large, as are most Residence Inn rooms. Everything worked and the room was clean and quiet with no noticeable traffic noise. Unfortunately, later that night the occupant of the room above us could be heard walking (read stomping) around the room. That finally stopped but the next morning, the stomp walking started again around 0630. We did not want to rise that early but we couldn't sleep through the footsteps and creaking floor noise.

That morning, I asked to be moved to an upper floor room and was told that might be possible after the housekeeping crews were finished in the afternoon. Breakfast was the usual buffet with eggs, sausage, potatoes, gravy, waffles and the normal cold cereals and yogurts. The sausage was a cut above that horrible turkey sausage that some other Marriott properties serve. We left for the day and when we returned, an upper floor room had been assigned to us. Thank you staff for the accommodation! This room, 824 was the mirror image of 412 and just as clean and nice. The only issue was an offensive odor coming from the bath area sink. I mentioned this to the front desk staff during breakfast the next morning and a promise was made to check on that. The odor was still present that night so we just lived with it. Other than that, the room was great.

This appears to be an older property but the Gatehouse and the rooms are kept clean and comfortable and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. However, I will recommend that you request an upper floor room, even though that means carrying your luggage up the outside stairs. The lower rooms do not present much road noise but the occupant noise from the upper units can be problematic in some rooms. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room. You will not hear guest noise from below. Rooms on the west side are qu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lonestarlizard
Scott T, General Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your detail review of your wonderful stay at the Residence Inn Lubbock. We appreciate the time you spent giving us your honest feedback. We are certainly glad to hear that you enjoyed your expereince at our property including the service and staff, and the complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We hope to welcome you back to Lubbock and Residence Inn again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I had an extended stay here and it felt just like home. All the rooms are suites so I had a fully furnished kitchen. This was a great way to save money because I would not have to eat out every day. I could cook myself dinner whenever I felt like it. Also, there is a Target across the street, so I could pick up food by walking 2 minutes across the street. When I didn't feel like cooking the food that staff cooked was great always. It always smelled delicious.

Morning breakfast is also a nice treat here. It's a full breakfast and complimentary so I always had a pleasant stomach to start my day and I didn't have to pay anything extra.

A very unique amenity they have is a partnership to Premier Sports Plex. Just by being a guest here, you have free access to this gym that is about 5 minutes away. It is a full gym with cardio room, weight room, basketball courts, batting cages and locker rooms. This is a great feature for an extended stay hotel since I don't want to get too fat on vacation.

They also have an onsite 24/7 fitness room on days I couldn't make it to main gym aforementioned.

The pool and basketball court are nice for the family and kids.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. The staff are all very friendly and accommodating.

I highly recommend staying here because all the amenities make it well worth the stay, even if you have to pay a little extra.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon W
Thank you so very much for this nice 5-Star review! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I'm glad our staff took wonderful care of you. We take great pride in our customer service and I'm happy to hear our team made a great impression! We hope to have you back!
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This Residence Inn, right off the highway, is definitely nice enough to hang your hat if you are visiting Lubbock whether on business or vacation with family. It is well insulated and you don't hear noise from outside or the next room like some properties. There is a nice clear pool in the courtyard and many good restaurants nearby. The room is well appointed with the customary stocked kitchen, living area with a gas fireplace, large bed and roomy bath area. The shower/toilet and sink areas are separated which gives you more privacy if you are there with others. There were a few dirt marks on the walls that gave the impression the room was not up to top notch Marriott cleanliness standards, but generally well above the average hotel. The management seemed very nice and friendly. There was an altercation involving two street thugs outside our room at 3:00 AM, which was rather disturbing, and the police were called. I didn't feel like anywhere in Lubbock would be particularly safe after dark, so I wouldn't make a decision to stay there or not based on the altercation we encountered. This is one red-neck town, so be aware! There is a breakfast at this Residence Inn which is quite generous with eggs, potatoes, muffins, coffee, etc., however, there is a local restaurant near the hotel called 'The Breakfast Place' that is one of the best breakfasts we had on our TX trip. The people are extremely friendly and accommodating in TX...as they say, "Texas Hospitality."

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably better so you won't have someone overhead or get too close to the street ac...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank WorldSprinter18
Scott T, General Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Lubbock Texas. We do appreciate your time and comments. I do hope whenever in Lubbock again, you come back to see us. Thank you again, Scott.