“Old BUT remodeled and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Studio 6 Lubbock TX

Studio 6 Lubbock TX
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Old BUT remodeled and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

When i first drove up, i thought, oh no, this is an OLD Residence Inn. I found i was pleasantly surprised that the inside lobby and the rooms have all been remodeled and are clean and spacious. Nice facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JulianaLowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Had a first floor room. Plenty of room. Felt like a nice apartment, with living area and kitchen. Quiet building, free afternoon happy hour and decent free breakfast. Good value, location on South end of highway 289. Stayed here years ago and it's been updated. Good hotel option, especially for biz travelers, couples and families

• Stayed October 2012
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stay in so many Marriott properties, but this one I can not compare with other Residence Inn that I have stayed. I have to give a 5 star though for the friendly staff and the service. However, the room feels dirty, and have a strong odor like a cheap perfume. My pillow case had a strong cheap perfume smell, that they said it came from the febreze, they do changed the pillow case after I reported. If your room clean, why do you have to hide behind febreze? That make me wonder...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
So Cal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I travel for business, construction, I booked as usaul thru Marriott and was given this location.
After we had spent our first nite we knew that this property was Not a corporate Marriott, in fact it is owned by a middle eastern company.
The place was so run down we thought we were at the extended stay america.
The evening food was prepared by an employee in the back room and we were expected to tip as if we were at a fine restaurant.
We should have checked out and stayed at the The Arbor inn and suites.
Check it out....

Room Tip: Arbor Inn and suites, good restaurants within walking distance!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I had originally booked a 2 bedroom suite but arrived very late to check in. I was told the 2 bedrooms were all taken but I was given two one bedroom suites instead and only charged for one - great! The rooms were near one another, so that worked out just fine but I admit I was disappointed my family of 5 was separated. When we walked into our rooms however, I was even more disappointed by the obvious smoke smell. Luckily nobody in our family is highly allergic so we made do since it was so late and we were exhausted from driving all day.

The rooms themselves were nicely appointed and very clean - full kitchens, nice bedding, plenty of seating. There was a bottle of water in the fridge too - just be aware there is a charge if you consume it. However there is complimentary coffee and popcorn, which is a nice welcoming touch. Some of the furnishings were obvious leftovers from the previous decor scheme - I thought that was a bit odd. The old end tables and media cabinet were still serviceable, I just found it a bit unusual as it obviously did not coordinate with the rest of the furniture. Clearly it did not affect my sleeping - the mattress was most definitely not a decorating leftover.

The breakfast in the morning was very good. There are many options to choose from on the buffet and the attendant promptly refilled items and kept the area clean in spite of the high volume. There really weren't enough tables and chairs, but I have found this to be case at nearly all of the Marriott concepts that offer this type of breakfast. Luckily my family of five found seating but some other groups were not quite as lucky. The early you go, the better your chances of securing seating.

Overall, I would recommend this Residence Inn, especially if you are a smoker. If not, I would call the front desk to verify you have a non-smoking room and be prepared to switch rooms if necessary.

Room Tip: Be careful of smoking rooms if you have an issue with that.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Off all residence inns by Marriott, this one by far offers the best service and friendliest staff! Every single staff we ran into greeted us during our stay.
We arrived on Wednesday so we got to enjoy the free social event with lots of food and drinks (including wine).
There were five of us so we stayed at a loft suite. The room was beautiful, especially the kitchen! All appliances were brand new!
Walking distance to restaurants and Target. Excellent breakfast buffet (first one I've seen with fresh grapefruit!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Meitzi
Fort worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Went to Lubbock to check out the medical school at Texas Tech and booked this hotel because it advertised a two-room suite.
Got a late start, therefore arrived late (>10 p.m.) but I am member of their reward program so no problem, right?
Wrong! My wife, daughter and I arrived and were sent to our suite, which had NOT been cleaned. There were diapers in the trash cans, other people's food on the counter and even a Chi hair straightener left on the bathroom counter in the upstairs loft. I called the front desk and then went there to see about a different suite but was told that the attendant had already gone to my room with keys to another suite.
He walked us to the other suite, which he claimed he had personally checked to verify that it was available. When he tried the key, the door did not unlock. He tried three times before the guest in the room opened the door to see what was going on... this was not an available suite!
We were accompanied to the main lobby by the night attendant and he proceeded to work feverishly to try and find a solution. He finally found a room with two queen beds-- not a suite. I asked for the room to be free since this is not what I reserved and what my confirmation was. He could not help there since he is not the manager. Neither one of us was ever curt. He was apologetic, and he was the new guy. I felt bad for him as he really was trying to resolve the problem that he did not cause.
Fortunately, the room was clean and comfortable.
The next morning we got our breakfast and met the manager, Kawaina Deary, who was already aware of what had happened and quickly advised us that the entire two night stay was going to be covered by them and that I would still get my points. In addition, I would be move out of the one room and into a suite by the time I returned from Tech that afternoon.
When we returned, the keys to the suite were at the front desk as promised, the suite was spotless and the rest of our stay was perfect. I offered to pay for one of the two nights, they refused to take my credit card.
I know that this stay cost them money, but they have my continued patronage. I will continue to stay at Marriot properties.
Good location -next to the highway. Close to restaurants. Clean, quite, no bedbugs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business