“NEVER STAY AT THIS NASTY PLACE WITH A RUDE MANAGER NAMED PHYLLIS!”
Review of Koko Inn

Koko Inn
Ranked #58 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Hobbs, New Mexico
“NEVER STAY AT THIS NASTY PLACE WITH A RUDE MANAGER NAMED PHYLLIS!”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

please if you think about staying here please dont! this place is a nightmare the manager named phyllis is rude my kids got scabees from the dirty furniture!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 47061Tiger
Gibi G, Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
We strive to keep are rooms nice and clean at all times. I am unaware of anyone getting sick from staying in our rooms. I am also sorry if I was rude in anyway.
Phyllis Crable
G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2010

OK, it is NOT your Sheraton! This hotel is definately for a certain sort of person who doesn't need marble sinks, minimalist furnishing and snob appeal. It's for the person who enjoys good old country smiles and greetings and a comfortable place to stay at about 1/3 the cost of chain hotels in Lubbock on football weekends.
You will feel like you stepped back into the 60's traveling out west with your parents. Rooms are definately dated, but clean, and the bed was comfortable. Ask for an interior facing room, the neighbood seemed a little sketchy. The breakfast at the cafe was outstanding. We'll be back, we recommend it, but don't expect Koko Inn to be what it isn't.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PandJ54
Gibi G, General Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you fro staying with us. We are working on up dating our rooms and hope you come back to see them again.
Phyllis Crable
Taylor, Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2010

This is the 5th time I have stayed at the Koko Inn. I feel like I have stayed enough here in the last few years to give it a fair review.
You will be hard pressed to find a place with folks this friendly for the price I have paid.
The rooms are always clean and everything works. The hotel looks like an old Holiday inn "Holidome", there is a courtyard and pool in the atrium along with plenty of seating areas.
The place was likely built in the late 70's so everything is not sparkling new like a Hampton or something, but it is clean and comfortable.
The only thing that bothers me a little is the heat/a/c setup. this place was built when "one pipe" systems were common so the whole place can provide heat OR a/c but not both at the same time. I have never found this to be a big problem but in the spring and fall it could be.
I would recommend getting a room facing the Atrium and if you dislike smoke ask for one that is not above the bar as those rooms can get a little smokey.
This is a place that attracts a lot of family's so there is a little noise from kids swimming in the pool, although it gets quiet about 8-9 pm.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. It has a kind of homelike vibe to it that is hard to beat. It is also owned by a real American family and does not smell of curry powder and the like. I enjoy supporting small businesses and this is one of them. Be sure to call in for the best rate.

The Cafe in the courtyard has the best home cooked breakfast I have had as well as some great Mexican food for super.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank justin25taylor
mmbrown68
Reviewed March 16, 2010

My daughter and three year old grandson were along for this trip and we decided on this location because of the indoor pool and price. The three year old got on the phone and dialed the front desk, twice possbly three times, the front desk person and I ended up in a verbal yelling situation due to the fact he informed me I couldnt control my child , the child was three I wondered if this child was the first to ever play on the phone. Upon arrival the room was dirty the bath tub was filthy and the staff is child unfriendly. Don't take your children there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Gibi G, General Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
This hotel is under new Ownership as of September 2010.
Dallas
Reviewed December 8, 2009

my stay here was a bad experience, the tv in my room did not work when i complained to the girl at the front desk she said that tere was more interesting things to watch at the bar. Advised me to go and have a few and to see the nightlife. I refused and returned to my room and tried to sleep over the noise next door. I woke up the next day with a headache.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
EP, TX
Reviewed November 2, 2009

koko inn has been one of my favorite hotels since i was younger, in a good location also has a fun bar near by for the adults that like to have fun on their vacations and rooms are great, this is the place i always want to stay at when i come to visit. i look forward to bringing my little brother to this hotel when i take him on vacation! GREAT PLACE!!

• Stayed October 2009
Missouri
Reviewed October 15, 2009

The reservations were easy enough to make. And easy to change. When making the reservations we were quoted $65 per night for a Friday and Saturday. Saturday was changed to Thursday no problem. Upon checking in there was a man asking for a room. He was told he needed a valid drivers license. He did not have one nor did anyone in his vehicle. He asked what the rate was and was told $44.??. I asked the clerk about the rate he was quoted and she told me ours would be adjusted also due to the lack of demand for the Texas Tech game for the weekend but that Friday's rate would still be $65.00. She asked if we wanted to have a receipt printed at that time or just wait and if we wanted to put food from the cafe or bar on it we could. We decided to wait. (Should have had HER print it!) When checking out the man at the desk said it was discounted to $56.00 but no note of $44.??. That would have been their "truckers" rate and we were given the "corporate" rate. He would not honor what we were told.
The room was clean enough but very skimpy on towels - 2 wash cloths, 2 bath and 1 hand towel. No extra anything. A picture hung above our bed fell without any prompting. Fortunately no injury. The bar was extremely smokey.
For $15 more we could have had a much nicer room and warm breakfast but I read the reviews and thought it was a bargain. I won't make that mistake again. :(

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Gibi G, General Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
This hotel is under new Ownership as of September, 2010.