“loved it since i was younger”
Review of Koko Inn

Koko Inn
Ranked #61 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed November 2, 2009

koko inn has been one of my favorite hotels since i was younger, in a good location also has a fun bar near by for the adults that like to have fun on their vacations and rooms are great, this is the place i always want to stay at when i come to visit. i look forward to bringing my little brother to this hotel when i take him on vacation! GREAT PLACE!!

• Stayed: October 2009

Reviewed October 15, 2009

The reservations were easy enough to make. And easy to change. When making the reservations we were quoted $65 per night for a Friday and Saturday. Saturday was changed to Thursday no problem. Upon checking in there was a man asking for a room. He was told he needed a valid drivers license. He did not have one nor did anyone in his vehicle. He asked what the rate was and was told $44.??. I asked the clerk about the rate he was quoted and she told me ours would be adjusted also due to the lack of demand for the Texas Tech game for the weekend but that Friday's rate would still be $65.00. She asked if we wanted to have a receipt printed at that time or just wait and if we wanted to put food from the cafe or bar on it we could. We decided to wait. (Should have had HER print it!) When checking out the man at the desk said it was discounted to $56.00 but no note of $44.??. That would have been their "truckers" rate and we were given the "corporate" rate. He would not honor what we were told.
The room was clean enough but very skimpy on towels - 2 wash cloths, 2 bath and 1 hand towel. No extra anything. A picture hung above our bed fell without any prompting. Fortunately no injury. The bar was extremely smokey.
For $15 more we could have had a much nicer room and warm breakfast but I read the reviews and thought it was a bargain. I won't make that mistake again. :(

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Gibi G, General Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

This hotel is under new Ownership as of September, 2010.

Reviewed June 16, 2009

The KoKo in lubbock rocks. the staff is great the pool area is so beautiful. it really helps that there is a bar and a restraunt right there. it makes for an awesome girls weekend roadtrip. kudos to the koko staff cant wait to see you soon....

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We adore the Koko Inn. We have stayed in the inside rooms, and the outside rooms. Multiple times in both. This is not the Ritz. The rooms are large, and the coffee is free in the morning in the lobby. The hotel is pet friendly. The little cafe is quite good at what they do.

Noise can be a problem on weekends with the bar. That being said, there is no other place for us in Lubbock.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank HughInDallas
Reviewed June 26, 2008

My family and I stay at the KoKo Inn during select Texas Tech home football games each Fall. We have always found the personel to be extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is well-located and the rooms are very nice and the rates are very reasonable. Nice coffee shop with a wonderful breakfast just off the conditioned atrium/pool area. I wouldn't mistake the KoKo Inn for a five-star hotel but that's not what we are expecting or paying for.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We planned a mini family vacation for 3 nights/4 days. We had a total of 7 rooms (non-smoking) and 1 handicap room. To make a long story short out of the 7 rooms 3 toilets didn't work, 1 smelled so back with smoke that my aunt had to switch rooms after the first night. It was almost difficult to get extra towels for swimming, and our toilet paper rolls were left empty after the rooms were cleaned, and had to go down and request at the front counter. The swimming pool was dirty with dead bugs at the bottom. The handicap room was just like the normal rooms making it difficult to use the bathroom or get in the shower. Needless to say that was just a few things. A day before check out I discovered I had been double charged. One of the attendants at the front counter was very helpful; unfortunately the problem was not resolved before I had to check out. After several phone calls with my card and the KoKo Inn 2 days later I am still trying to get my charges corrected. It was the worse hotel we have ever stayed in and very disappointed of the outcome.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

This hotel is under new Ownership since september 2010.

Reviewed October 1, 2007

My night here was the worst experience in any hotel that I have ever been at in my entire life. We were put over a night club/local bar hangout, that rocked with the most hideous singing until 2:00 AM. The smoke in the bar wafted all through our rooms, giving us and all of our clothing and suitcases that lovely "ash tray" scent that everyone loves to smell. I knew we had to get a smoking room, as that was all that was left, but this room was actually "smoking" while we were in it...By the time the George Srait wannabe was finished with his "concert" and I was finally able to sleep, I got a full two hours of rest, after drivig 8 hours to get to Lubbock, before having to get up to go to my appointment the following morning. I had originally booked two nights, but spent all of the evening after we arrived trying to find another hotel, but due to parents weekend at the college, and a big football game, there were no other hotels availalble. Thankfully, the next day we were able to find another hotel for the second night. I never thought I would be happy to stay at a Motel 6, but the Koko Inn made the Motel 6 look like a 5 star hotel! The Koko Inn was also filthy, with dirty pillowcases that had make-up and hair all over them...sickening! My name for the place is the "NoGo Inn". I give it two thumbs down all the way around. It is also in a bad location with weirdos walking around the parking lot at all hours, and a guy sleeping in his truck in the parking lot...maybe it was the "singer" who was too drunk to drive home from the "concert" the night before...

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mom2eight

This hotel is under new ownership as of September, 2010.