Koko Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Wingate by Wyndham Lubbock(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$89
$81
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$74
GardenInn.com
$109
$89
$80
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel. I only needed a place to SLEEP. Upon arrival My key wouldn't work, it took several minutes to get the door to open.The room was awfully hot & I assume this is why alot of people had their doors open when I arrived.When I went to turn the temp. down. there was a little sign above the thermostat that sd. the whole hotel worked off ONE unit. If it was to hot or cold turn OFF.I did turn it off but hot air kept on blowing in.The mattress in this room was extremly hard & uncomfortable-you could feel the springs. It was so hot I woke up several times sweating.I did not sleep.The next morning I found a soiled towel peeking out from under the bed.It was so gross -I then started to question if they even washed my sheets.I was so grossed out I didn't even finish getting dressed.I gathered my things and left.I emailed management & they could care less & till this day 2 wks later they have not even responded with an apology. They got their money & I am pretty sure their beds are quite comfy & their rooms are clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank cajeza76
Gibi G, General Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

I am so sorry I did not respond to you. I did not receive an email and just found this on tripadvisor. I will check this sight daily now. First we have just installed new a.c./ heating units in each room. I know ithat does you no good now, but I want to make it up to you. Please call and ask for me and I will make this right. I know how hard it is to sleep when you are hot, I know I would not be able to. The old unit we had was almost 50 years old and long due to be replaced.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

please if you think about staying here please dont! this place is a nightmare the manager named phyllis is rude my kids got scabees from the dirty furniture!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank 47061Tiger
Gibi G, Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

We strive to keep are rooms nice and clean at all times. I am unaware of anyone getting sick from staying in our rooms. I am also sorry if I was rude in anyway.
G.M.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

OK, it is NOT your Sheraton! This hotel is definately for a certain sort of person who doesn't need marble sinks, minimalist furnishing and snob appeal. It's for the person who enjoys good old country smiles and greetings and a comfortable place to stay at about 1/3 the cost of chain hotels in Lubbock on football weekends.
You will feel like you stepped back into the 60's traveling out west with your parents. Rooms are definately dated, but clean, and the bed was comfortable. Ask for an interior facing room, the neighbood seemed a little sketchy. The breakfast at the cafe was outstanding. We'll be back, we recommend it, but don't expect Koko Inn to be what it isn't.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PandJ54
Gibi G, General Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

Thank you fro staying with us. We are working on up dating our rooms and hope you come back to see them again.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

This is the 5th time I have stayed at the Koko Inn. I feel like I have stayed enough here in the last few years to give it a fair review.
You will be hard pressed to find a place with folks this friendly for the price I have paid.
The rooms are always clean and everything works. The hotel looks like an old Holiday inn "Holidome", there is a courtyard and pool in the atrium along with plenty of seating areas.
The place was likely built in the late 70's so everything is not sparkling new like a Hampton or something, but it is clean and comfortable.
The only thing that bothers me a little is the heat/a/c setup. this place was built when "one pipe" systems were common so the whole place can provide heat OR a/c but not both at the same time. I have never found this to be a big problem but in the spring and fall it could be.
I would recommend getting a room facing the Atrium and if you dislike smoke ask for one that is not above the bar as those rooms can get a little smokey.
This is a place that attracts a lot of family's so there is a little noise from kids swimming in the pool, although it gets quiet about 8-9 pm.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. It has a kind of homelike vibe to it that is hard to beat. It is also owned by a real American family and does not smell of curry powder and the like. I enjoy supporting small businesses and this is one of them. Be sure to call in for the best rate.

The Cafe in the courtyard has the best home cooked breakfast I have had as well as some great Mexican food for super.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank justin25taylor
Reviewed March 16, 2010

My daughter and three year old grandson were along for this trip and we decided on this location because of the indoor pool and price. The three year old got on the phone and dialed the front desk, twice possbly three times, the front desk person and I ended up in a verbal yelling situation due to the fact he informed me I couldnt control my child , the child was three I wondered if this child was the first to ever play on the phone. Upon arrival the room was dirty the bath tub was filthy and the staff is child unfriendly. Don't take your children there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

This hotel is under new Ownership as of September 2010.