“will stay again”

Ranked #46 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
austin
“will stay again”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Arrived at 11pm and left at 8am so we were there for a very short time but there were many positives. Check in/check out was smooth. The room was BIG, the bed was comfortable and room quiet, the towels were thick and soft and the shower head was a nice big rain head with good water pressure. Only negative was having to sign an additional paper and initial several spots that I understood I couldn't have a pet in my room, couldn't smoke in the room and if I did there would be a fine. Also that if I order movies I would have to pay for them-yeah I would expect to pay for my purchases! Made me feel like they didn't trust their guests to be mature responsible adults

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kariesue
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey. We appreciate your feedback. I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable. I apologize that you felt the hotel did not trust you as a guest. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Kristin Murray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2010

POSITIVES:

When we got there we had a nice surprize, they had a pretty cool large atrium, not like what you normally see at a Holiday Inn. It was clearly a fancy hotel at some point the past, with nice landscapping inside the atrium (several live trees and bushes) and a pool (although a unremarkable pool, the atmosphere was awesome). It felt almost like a conference hotel, but not quite.

The rooms seem to be built around the atrium area, making for a pretty cool social area filled with trees, etc. For only 100 bucks I was impressed.

We had room number 231, a king size with a queen sized pull out bed. The room was a little old, but it was very big, we had tons of room for our 15 month old to run around and get in trouble.

Everything was clean, it looks like it was recently remodeled, and everyone was very friendly.

Because of the large rooms and cool atrium with pool, I'd say its a great place for families who find themselves stuck in Lubbock like us.

NEGATIVES

The hotel is obviously quite old (although it had fresh paint, carpet and furniture, so it didn't create a problem).

It had an old fashoned tube TV, and since the room was large, it was hard to make out a baseball score.

Free Wireless Internet (although slow)

Holiday Inn doesn't offer free breakfast for all guests. Since I signed up for a Holiday Inn reward program, I got ONE free breakfast per day. On the positive side, they serve it until 11, so if you like to sleep in like me, it works.

CONCLUSION

I don't know if I'll find myself spending the night in Lubbock again, but if I do, I will probabally stay here again without looking around. The atrium and pool allowed us to entertain the baby without leaving the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
KristinMurray, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. You will be happy to know that we are still in the process of updating the hotel and hope to have new tv’s by the end of the year. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

The property is big so be prepared to walk. Our room was right next to the pool and I was concerned about the noise but as soon as we closed our door we couldn't hear a thing. The people next door had five very young kids in their room and we never heard a peep. The rooms are very soundproof. One entire wall is floor to ceiling windows and yet no sound got through. The rooms were very big and comfortable but very dated. The bathrooms look like they haven't been updated in twenty years but were very clean. At 9pm I tried calling room service and got no answer. I tried calling the front desk and again no answer. I walked to the front desk to see what the deal was and the guy just told me he was busy. I had to order food from the bartender in the atrium and bring my food to my room myself. Not a huge deal but by no means room service. The poor bartender was too busy getting coffee for AA convention goers.
Breakfast buffet was overpriced and not at all good. The eggs were over cooked and dry. For ten bucks a person I'd skip it and find an ihop.
Overall a nice place but in desperate need of an update.

• Stayed August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Lubbock market.

Houston, TX
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Rooms are dated, musty, in need of renovation. Was rated 3 stars but should be 2.5. Initially gave us a smoking room despite checking via phone after reservation made and asking again at front desk upon check in. They do have a really nice atrium with indoor pool that seems out of place compared to the rest of the hotel and room quality.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We appreciate all feedback that will make your next stay in Lubbock more enjoyable. I apologize that you experienced problems with the guest room you were pre-assigned and I hope that we were able to correct the issue for you. If you need anything please do not hesitate to let us know.

Travelers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

wilson
Reviewed April 6, 2010

After a long day it was nice to be able to check in with no hassle, as we were greeted with a smile and knowledgable staff. The room was very clean and we loved the indoor pool.The hotel is a perfect match for everybody who wants to combine family environment with an excellent accomodation. Our family will stay here again for future family vacations!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank piwonka
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. It is always exciting to hear from our guests. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travel needs bring you to Lubbock.

New Braunfels, TX
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Since my husband and I got married back in 1994, we've gone to Lubbock at least once a year to visit family and we've always stayed at the Holiday Inn Lubbock Park Plaza. As our family has grown to having 4 kids, we've upgraded to staying in one of the suites and it makes for a much less stressful visit with the extra room. Our boys love the indoor pool and the open atrium area and we all enjoy eating breakfast downstairs in the restaurant. The beds are VERY comfortable, too. My husband likes to exercise in the guest work-out room in the mornings. The hotel is located on the Loop which makes it easy to get around town if you want to visit some of the local attractions - Texas Tech University, the Science Spectrum, numerous parks, etc. The staff is friendly and helpful, too. I can't remember ever having a bad experience there. Looking forward to the next time!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank GraceHopperNB
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is exciting to hear that we have been able to continue to be a part of your traveling tradition to the Lubbock area. We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza in early March for a family reunion. The staff was awsome. The front desk people went out of their way to make sure our stay great. Our family reunion was so nice because this place is so nice. The atrium is spectacular. It is filled with all sorts of tropical plants and the fountain was beautiful. The space is huge so there is room for everybody to have their own space and not feel crowded by other guests. The bar area was nice and cozy and not too loud. I had an omlette in the Cafe that was delicious. Over all I would recommend this hotel for good service, clean rooms and great location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank texaschik
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. I am excited to hear that your family used our facilities for the reunion. We hope to continue to be a part of your family tradition.