“Mid Price, but comfortable stay”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #50 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel is one that we generally stay when in Lubbock, Texas. We stay there because the open pool area is great for the kids. Unfortunately, like most Holiday Inns, the food service is absent, but there are many good restaurants nearby. If you want complimentary coffee in the morning, however, you have to ask for it. None in the lobby, which really surprised me.

Room Tip: Would suggest an inside room at either end, but away from the main pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

We, at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza, would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are working to give every guest an exemplary experience and will take all of your comments to heart, and act upon them. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed over night at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza for a basketball tournament. We were pleasantly surprised and would stay there again. This is an old school Holiday Inn Holidome that has been updated recently. All the areas we saw were clean and fresh. Though you cant change the retro architecture, it made it kind of fun. It was like a flashback to the 70's and my growing up years.

The room was very spacious, small bathroom design but new marble counters. Very clean tile in shower and floor. Beds were good with fresh sheeted bedding. Bar area and breakfast buffet area clean and common area ladies room very clean. Again, not new, but for a decades old property it was great. New carpet, paint, fixtures throughout. Not the old chlorine, musty smell some of these older Holidome properties have.

We have stayed in 4 different hotels in Lubbock since December. This is one is tied for our second favorite. We would have no qualms staying here again. Great place for a group. They gave us an great room rate as well. Very friendly staff all around.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SP243
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. My staff and I look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Kristin Murray

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Stayed at the Plaza again while in Lubbock. The hotel is older and very big, but the rooms are awesome! They're bigger than a normal hotel room, clean, beds are comfortable, and they've got new flat-screen tvs! Staff was very friendly and went the extra mile to make my stay a good one. Since this is a full-service Holiday Inn, there's no free breakfast but as a Priority Club member, they gave me a coupon for free buffet breakfast. The bar was nice and I had dinner delivered to my room - good food! I've stayed here several times in the past year and will definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: I like having the choice of an exterior or interior room. Pet-friendly rooms are on the exterior, wh...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank John M
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. We appreciate your business and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your pet again in the near future. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to call. Sincerely, Kristin Murray

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have stayed here several times and I am always pleased with how clean my room is. I like the large rooms and the new TV's are a great addition. Staff is always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Sandy J

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. We appreciate your business and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to call. Sincerely, Kristin Murray

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I recently attended a business reception/dinner at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza and was very impressed with the meeting room, the service of the staff and the dinner served. The meeting room was large enough to accomodate all of us and the tables were beautifully decorated. The staff was very pleasant and provided excellent service, and the meal was delicious. I would recommend this venue as an excellent place to have a business conference and/or dinner!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have never seen a cleaner hotel! And the staff was all wonderfully accommodating. I didn't want to go home!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Reviewed October 20, 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel. The first was a while back. Since then they have updated their rooms. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are a good size and now have updated beds, furniture, TVs, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. It looks like the only thing that wasn't updated was the phone. Also, the hotel's location is great. It's away from all the road construction in Lubbock and near all the major shopping centers and restaurants.

We definitely wouldn't mind staying here again next time we're in town.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am excited that you were pleased with the updates that were made since your last stay. My staff and I look forward to serving you again in the near future.