“Overall, good hotel...great mattresses. A couple of quirks”

MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites
Ranked #45 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Austin, Texas
“Overall, good hotel...great mattresses. A couple of quirks”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were here in March for a dance competition held at the Civic Center across the street. Good news is that the hotel got us rooms together and they were very comfortable with many amenities, including a fridge. Breakfast was also generous for the price. Restaurant and bar staff are really great, friendly and attentive.

I would say that the cleaning service was a bit odd. One of the mom's on the trip put out a "do not disturb" sign and really did need the rest. I stopped the cleaning crew from banging on her door to wake her up for a signature saying that she did not need them to clean. They did let me sign, but "do not disturb" means what it says, right? If I hadn't been there, they would have woken her up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I rely on Tripadvisor a lot when booking rooms.
Lubbock was a one night stay on a road trip across country from Orlando to LA
we werent sure that day where we would stop so we had no room booked or anything.
We took a chance on this hotel as it looked pretty good from the outside
We wanted a king room but only king suites were avaliable
The suite was really surprisingly good. The bed was probably the 2nd best we had in 4 weeks in the states beaten only by the bellagio in Vegas
The hotel seemed quiet friendly and clean
We were given 4 free drinks at the bar and ate breakfast before checking out which was ok nothing special
upon leaving i looked the hotel up on tripadvisor and was surprised at the ratings. if i had read tripadvisor i doubt we would have stayed here
What a great find

Thanks guys

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cycobomber1
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

3/22/14 I was very impressed with the service at the Elegante Hotel. I booked a venue for a Sweet Fifteen party and from the time I walked in to inquire about the ballroom, I had nothing but great service. Danielle was very helpful with all the information and planning I needed for the success of this party. The Chef (Tyrone) was wonderful he made sure that the food was well prepared and delicious (no one left hungry). And Carlos helped with setting everything up and provided great service, he made sure that everything was in its proper place. Everyone was so nice and helpful. The party was a great success!!!!!! The Elegante Hotel and staff are highly recommended!
Thank you Danielle, Chef Tyrone and Carlos and all staff

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We reserved a block of ten rooms for a team competition to be held across the street at the Lubbock Memorial Convention Center. So the location is great for the event, and wonderful restaurants close by.

However,upon getting to our own room we found floor had not been swept and the toilet was running continuously. I fixed the toilet myself so we could have a working toilet for the evening. The following morning we were greeted by cold showers with an occasional warm bit of water. This was the common theme for the morning for each of our ten rooms. For our room the toilet resumed its mode of running freely. The boys room next door also had a shower that would not drain even with the stopper removed.

Upon the evening return for our group most of the rooms were found without ANY towels. Appears house cleaning made the beds and removed the towels but did not replace ANY of them. Our room now had a fully repaired toilet but NO house cleaning at all. While heading downstairs to retrieve towels we met two other families (not in our group) that also had missing towels.

We also found hair dryers that didn't work, the ice machine on the 5th floor was non-functioning, and the wireless internet was hit & miss through a two hour period.

On the upside, their breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: Avoid upper floors - lousy hot water service.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I recently was at the MCM Elegante for a regional apparel market. We had booked a ballroom and I also stayed on premises. The weather was extremely cold but the staff could not be warmer. Carlos in the banquet rooms went out of his way to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. I was asked by housekeepers to groundskeepers if I needed any help unloading or loading as it was such bad weather and knew I was by myself. I just can't go on enough about the staff and hope the owner of the hotel reads this. I went in a day early because of the weather and when I first called they were completely booked . There was a big sports event going on. They called me back to let me know they were able to locate a room for me and made sure it was as far from the kids that had "taken over the hotel" Although, I know they were challenged with all the groups there I never saw one of the staff disgruntled. I travel a lot for work and can honestly say this is the best service I have received from the entire staff.
About the room- New mattresses- and besides the one I have at home the best I have slept in. Refrigerators and microwaves are included in each room. The only request I would have is more healthy options in the restaurant. Although I know I am beef country, some vegetarian options would be nice. They did have cheese quesadillas but veggie would be healthier. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This place is a zoo. We arrived Friday night after a game with reservations. The clerk gave us a room key with a receipt with another name on the receipt. We explained that was not our name and she changed it. We went to the room and there was a family in the room. Returning to the desk, they explained that "someone" gave our room away at 5:30 that afternoon. Hotel was full and we were offered no apologies, no consolation, nothing. Did not even offer to make arrangements at another hotel. Front desk clerks would not even look at us. They refused to give our check back at first. Observation while waiting for the terrible customer service was that the hotel was a zoo. Kids were running down the halls banging on doors. Adults were yelling at children and other adults. If you need a reliable place to take care of your reservations, do not choose this hotel. There are many wonderful hotels in Lubbock but this is not one of them.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business