“Great Stay! Don't know where these other guys stayed.”

Days Inn Lubbock- Texas Tech University- 4th Street
Ranked #55 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed March 21, 2010

The motel is not pretty or fancy. It was, however, very clean and everything worked. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 16, 2009

My son and I arrived late in the evening to the dirtiest rooms ever! We went to the front desk to see about another room. The young man at the Reservations Desk just shrugged his shoulders when we told him how gross the room was. He offered another room.

We went to that new room it was cleaner but still disgusting. The toilet wasn't running properly the window curtains had what looked like toothpaste wiped on them. The air conditioner wasn't working properly and dirty as all get out!

We just headed back down to the lobby and checked out. In the mean time while waiting to check out we were standing by the food area, it was dirty and the food items were on a counter top in the sink area next to all the dirty sink dishes and chemicals!
We happened to be visiting Lubbock during a busy week, something going on at the Texas Tech U. We checked out and had the worst time trying to find a place to stay.

I have pictures of the room and how dirty it was. The room had old pizza toppings on the floor, socks and underwear under the bed, bloody balled up toilet paper under the bed, an opened Red Bull energy drink in the fridge, no bed skirts on the beds and rubbed in dirt and grim on the box springs. One bed rail was broken as seen in the pictures I have of the bloody toilet paper. This hotel is NOT a 3 sun rating! This hotel is doing nothing but hurting the Days Inn reputation!

Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Let me start by saying I work for a major hotel chain, so I know what to look for and what to expect from hotels.

My friend has reservations at this hotel for every Tech Home game because it is RIGHT across the street from the stadium. That is about the only good thing about the hotel...When we checked in everything was smooth and quick. We were on the third floor and we had to walk up the stairs. Well the safety lights in the stairways were OUT and it was pitch black. That is a HUGE safety concern that i will go further into later. We got to our door and it took us like 8 times to try and get in because the door was stuck. After a good shoulder heave againts the door we got in. The room was small and very outdated. The bathroom was the size of a closet in a normal hotel. When we went to sleep that night I noticed the box springs said "MARRIOTT HOTELS" on them. I mean, c'mon, if you're going to use someone elses things at least take the label off! I slept okay even despite all the traffic noise from Marsha Sharpe Freeway. The next day we left the hotel at 11am. We came back by before the game and our room had not been cleaned and there were NO housekeepers in sight. The room also had a pungent wet towel smell now that made me gag. After we came back from the game at 6:30pm the room was STILL NOT CLEANED! You have got to be kidding...the whole hotel was at the game for 5 hours and the rooms were not cleaned?!?!

We only ate breakfast on Sunday and it was pitifull. But I won't complain about that because it was free. The desk clerk at checkout was nice and helpful. When I got the bill I nearly fainted because we were paying $120 + tax a night for the room! If I would have known that, I would have gone somewhere else. While I was driving home to the DFW area, my arms and legs started itching. I got home and had bites all over me! I looked them up and sure enough, they are from bed bugs.

Don't waste your time just because this hotel is close to the stadium. I would rather stay in Post and drive 45 min to Lubbock than stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2009

This motel was only chosen for the fact that it was nearest to the Hospital my Brother was dying in. I stayed 1 night. I was shocked when I entered and inspected the room. I'm a housekeeper from a motel in another town and was shocked to see the condition of the room. There is obiously no pride from the person that cleaned the room and no pride from the head of housekeeping that inspected the room before I stayed in it. The room was extreamly hot and the out dated. The air condioner took hours to help any. As soon as I heard the unit struggling to work I pulled out the filter. Shocked? NO. Sickened? YES The filter matched the smell and appearance of the old room. The bathtub was half full of water with floating dead bugs. Clearly this room had been empty and unchecked in quite some time. The sink faucett barely had running water. The carpet was so dirty I never walked barefooted on it. The clock/radio wasn't plugged in so I had to set it myself. I have no idea how this place has passed state inspection or why its allowed to stay open as filthy as it is. Leaving in a hurry to the hospital early the next morning, I forgot a pair of shoes and a gift bag of jelly beans with a letter inside to my brother from my daughter. I called 4 days later after my brothers funeral and spoke to the head of housekeeping and was told she had my shoes and bag and she would send them COD. Over a month went by and I called back; she denied talking to me and gave the phone to the manager. The manager said she would check into it and call me back. I called back today 10 days later and was told not only did she loose my phone number and thats why she hadn't call me back but the head of housekeeping admitted that she had my shoes but then they where stolen and the gift bag and letter got thrown in the trash. She also said they aren't responsable for lost or stollen items. But once you tell me you have them and take my mailling address to send them is another thing! I absolutely will never give the filthy theives a chance again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Stayed 1 night in a room at the back and glad we did not need another. Housekeeping must had left the door open while cleaning earlier in the day, flies everywhere. The carpet and 2 chairs where dirty and stained. I understand the motel is old but how long before it is remodeled? Front desk staff was fast at check in and out, helpful. We will visit our son that will be attending Tech this fall from time to time but will not stay at this motel ever again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2009

While we wanted an affordable motel that would accommodate our dog, this was not a good choice. We were right by a highway, there was no exercise area for the dog, the front desk staff was less than helpful, and there was a great deal of trash on the property. If you have any standards, find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I travel for business, staying in Hotels (Hilton, Hyatt, Omni, etc.). When I travel on my dime, I am more budget oriented. Days Inn Texas Tech is a Motel, not a Hotel. That said, I will not stay anywhere else when I travel to Lubbock.

My dad was in the hospital twice in Lubbock during Spring 2009. I needed a clean, economical room close to the hospital and Days Inn Texas Tech fit the bill. During my first stay, the service I received was the driving force for my second stay. Their philosophy of treating guests like family was evident as I didn't know from day to day how long I would need to be there. The staff were friendly and accommodating and they even allowed me to call each day - sometimes late in the afternoon before they charged me for another night.

The rooms are clean and quite adequate, When they finish their renovations that are currently in progress (new beds, paint, etc.) this will be an absolute jewel for the budget or casual traveler.

I had some concerns when reading the previous reviews, but please rest assurred that Days Inn Texas Tech is a fine place to stay when visiting Tech students or family members in the hospital!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo