“Treats Guests Like Family”

Days Inn Lubbock- Texas Tech University- 4th Street
Ranked #54 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
DFW
“Treats Guests Like Family”
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I travel for business, staying in Hotels (Hilton, Hyatt, Omni, etc.). When I travel on my dime, I am more budget oriented. Days Inn Texas Tech is a Motel, not a Hotel. That said, I will not stay anywhere else when I travel to Lubbock.

My dad was in the hospital twice in Lubbock during Spring 2009. I needed a clean, economical room close to the hospital and Days Inn Texas Tech fit the bill. During my first stay, the service I received was the driving force for my second stay. Their philosophy of treating guests like family was evident as I didn't know from day to day how long I would need to be there. The staff were friendly and accommodating and they even allowed me to call each day - sometimes late in the afternoon before they charged me for another night.

The rooms are clean and quite adequate, When they finish their renovations that are currently in progress (new beds, paint, etc.) this will be an absolute jewel for the budget or casual traveler.

I had some concerns when reading the previous reviews, but please rest assurred that Days Inn Texas Tech is a fine place to stay when visiting Tech students or family members in the hospital!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2008

The manager at this hotel, Ms. Garcia, is extremely rude to guests. She is hostile, unaccommodating and is clearly not in any position to be a hotel manager.

Her hotel conditions are also disgusting and someone should probably call the Health department.

I would totally NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. It would be worth staying elsewhere for more money and a further walk to Texas Tech then to stay at this rude and filthy hotel.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — RUDE MANAGER AND FILTHY ACCOMODATIONS
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We stayed at the Days Inn Lubbock, for three nights. We wanted to stay a fourth night but the hotel was booked. Understandable. When checking out (from the three day stay) I was told they had a cancellation and one room was available. I took it. This was at 10:20 AM. They swiped my credit card and gave me keys to the room. We were on our way out so we did not move our things into the room just went in and turned the A/C on. We got back to the hotel at 11:30 PM and someone was in our room. The front desk apologized and said there were no rooms. The front desk person printed me a copy of the check in screen and it showed us checked in at 10:20 AM and checked out at 12:17 PM - less than 2 hours later. No explanation was given and when we asked the manager the next day she said 'it happens'. We had to sleep in our car. We are still waiting to get credit card charges to see if we had to pay for the privelege of sleeping in our car.
If you want to stay there, beware. You may or may not have a place to stay the night.

• Liked — Very fast internet access
  • Disliked — The manager, Virginia Garcia
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank denley12071
Waywest, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2007

Terrible place to stay. Place needs a desperate update. The room we stayed in had an air conditioner plugged in that looked like it was sparking....definate fire hazzard. Housekeeping, or may we say immature loudmouthed giggling teenagers it seemed, was knocking on the door 4 hours before checkout time and screaming and yelling back and forth to each other. Sounded like housekeeping ran the show there with NO RESPECT FOR MANAGEMENT OR CUSTOMERS!!! I heard them backtalk a manager or desk clerk, don't know which. All the time spent playing, you can tell from the rooms none was spent on PROPER cleaning. Dusty room with sticky carpet, made me want to wash my feet, AGAIN, and icky brown stuff on the white cord to hair dryer. Curtains on windows falling off of rods. No fitted sheets on either cheap or old matteresses, no coffee pot, water standing in bathtub, and I had to just about knock my shoulder out of alignment to get into the room!!! If it wasn't so late and we were not so tired we would have found another place as I'm suggesting to ANYONE who reads this review. We paid $60.00 for this AWFUL stay!! Never again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything, expecially Housekeeping
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank LadySmack
Austin
Reviewed March 5, 2007

Rooms are small. Our room in particular had a very strong odor of air-freshener laced with cigarette smoke. Bed spreads were filthy and stained. No in-room coffee pots. Insufficient water pressure when taking a shower. Road noise from adjacent highway goes on all night long making earplugs a must. Paid $50 to stay in this dump, what a ripoff.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 20, 2005

Pros-Price, Room was fairly clean, A/C worked well, water was hot, clerk gave me a room even though I arrived earlier than check in
Cons-Outside appearance kind of shabby, LOUD road noise (all night long could hear even with ac on), saw 2 tiny bugs in the bathroom, tub didn't drain well (you had to stand in water while taking a shower)

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business