“Football weekend trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Lubbock- Texas Tech University- 4th Street

Days Inn Lubbock- Texas Tech University- 4th Street
Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Lubbock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked this reservation online back in May through the Days Inn website. The purpose of me doing this was so I wouldn't have to pay for the room until I checked out. They did not tell me that I was going to be charged for the entire amount when I booked the room. It wasn't until later (two weeks) that they charged me for the entire amount (259.00). I can't make the trip now and they won't let me cancel and get my money back (two weeks until trip). I'm being ripped off and they won't let me transfer the room or give me a credit. I usually book through hotels.com, but didn't for the purpose of not getting charged!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I chose this hotel simply due to limited availability. I usually stay at the Overton but it was oversold for one of the Texas Tech football weekends. Every single employee I came into contact with was exceptional - friendly, accomodating, helpful. As others have stated, the hotel is older but and far from fancy, but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. I slept well other than the train that roared through town at 6am Sunday morning (not their fault tho).

If you are going to a football game, the hotel is very close to the stadium and a short walk gets you there in 5 minutes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay during the football games and I must say this Days Inn is very very old but the staff there is great you get clean rooms and great service. There's a family that has been working there for a long time and they get it done I did have a problom with my shower and the young man Manuel saw to it and it was taken care of within 30 min.Virginia takes care of us and puts us on the ground floor right out front and the young lady in the front Valerie is so slammed with people in the morning no worrys they never run out of Texas shaped wallfles.Good location nice family atmosphere worth the price when your going to a game

Room Tip: They have grass around the back for our dogs
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Is this the fanciest of hotels? Not on your life. But that's not what I was looking for. I wanted to be close to my daughter's dorm on the campus of Texas Tech and I was. I wanted to be close to the football stadium and I was. The staff was EXTREMELY accommodating. I particularly thank Valerie and Virginia for making my stay so nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo