Days Inn Lubbock- Texas Tech University- 4th Street
Ranked #53 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
El Paso, Texas
“Excellence”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We made reservations nine months in advance because of overwhelming booking for the Texas Tech graduation ceremonies. Everything was as advertised when we arrived. The clerks on duty were excellent, going to great lengths to meet our needs when we arrived early and needed a room to change in for graduation attendance. Bless the staff at Days Inn who saw to it we had an immensely enjoyable trip and celebration.

Room Tip: Try to get a ground floor room, but know this is very difficult since rooms during busy events are r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sweetwater, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I thought the place was fine. I will say its not the nicest place i've stayed,the bathroom was more like a closet but for 1 night it was fine. Besides the building the staff was nice and helpful. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2012

my room was clean and nice.but you need to do something about your handicap rooms .my brother-in-law had a hard time get on the bed and getting off.it was to high up and the bathroom was not big to get his chair in there. the lady at the front desk was so nice help us.with our stay we wanting to stay close to U.M.C where my other brother-in-law is at .so thank you so mush

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Rooms were clean. Decor was dated. Staff was competent. You get what you pay for. Don't plan on using the WiFI for internet access. Slowest I've ever seen. Takes several minutes for google to load but there is a Starbucks a couple of blocks away with free WiFi that works fine

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2011

While attending a youth wrestling tournament we booked online assuming the 2 1/2 star rating was accurate. When we arrived, from the outside it wasn't very impressive, but since I had booked online and couldn't really back out we decided to put up with the room although it was not very clean, in fact we vowed not to take our shoes of at any cost. When we returned from alittle shopping there were 6 police cars blocking the parking lot and cops were going through a room as well as taking pics of a vehicle in the parking lot. Thankfully we had not dared unload our luggage so I went directly to the front desk and after several VERY unproductive conversations with the person in charge and the "manager" I basically just checked out and went to find another hotel that was safe and clean for our stay. When the online booking company contacted the motel they denied the cops ever being there along with the rest of my complaints. Save your money and stay elsewhere. If I could give this place a negative rating I would.

• Stayed November 2011

Travelers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This Days Inn is not one of the nicer days inn locations. There are newer Days Inn's in the area-but not as quite a good location for Game Day activities. The rooms are basic, but two waters and chex mix are in your room-refrigerator and microwave. The front desk was out of non-smoking rooms-we were given a smoking room and a can of Febreeze Air Freshener (better than nothing). We had breakfast-make your own hot waffles (in the shape of TEXAS)..and sausage biscuits (warm in microwave)...plenty of juice, milk and coffee. The staff are very tentative to the food area and restock. Game day it is packed! The hotel gives you a card hanger for your window so you are not towed. We walked over and enjoyed the game-quick 5 minute walk. I recommend the back of the hotel-front faces freeway. There is construction behind the building-new apartments (that started work on Sunday at 7am). For the price-worth it. You are not coming here for the amenities. There are tons of places to eat around the hotel-much of which you can walk to. We thought it was convenient to have the gas station next door to fill up the rental car (no gas stations near the airport). Not too nice, but convenient.

Room Tip: Back of hotel; second level.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed May 19, 2011

If you've never been depressed and you want to know what if feels like, spend a day or two in this joint. It's like a prison, complete, during my stay, with prisoners. Eye-burning disinfectant, microscopic bathroom, flea-market sofa...from your room I'm pretty sure you can hear everything (burping, turning a page in a book, etc.) that anybody does throughout the three-story hotel. The barbed wire that tops the chain-link fence that constitutes the view out the window of the rooms in the rear of the facility appear to be directed toward keeping undesirable people out, but could just as appropriately be designed to keep the tenants in, at least while I was there. I've never seen such scary-looking people and I worked in inner-city Philadelphia the entire month of January. I toughed it out for three nights before telling my employment agency that I would pay out of my own pocket for lodging elsewhere. Do what I did (stay at the Guesthouse Inn for an inexpensive and pleasant experience) and do it first.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere - the bus station, a city park...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business