“Fresh, bright and comfortable”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Carrollton, Texas
“Fresh, bright and comfortable”
Reviewed September 23, 2008

This is a great option for Lubbock. Over the last 9 years, when we visited 5 - 10 times a year because our kids were at Texas Tech, we have stayed in a lot of hotels around the city and this one would be our new favorite if we were going back. It is located just off the west side of the Loop which makes for easy access (avoiding school/city traffic) when entering and leaving town.
We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds instead of our usual king (see story below), so there wasn't any room for an armchair but otherwise the room had plenty of space. The bathroom had a pretty dresser cabinet for the sink, lots of towel hooks on the walls and a toilet with a seat lid (I hate not having a place to lay my clothes.) Water pressure in the shower was light but the stream was full and steady. My husband forgot shaving cream and the front desk was able to provide that.
The beds were extremely comfortable and there were lots of pillows. The duvet cover was a little heavy for the season so we had to keep the AC lower to not roast under the duvet. Good window coverings for blocking out light; large flat screen TV in the room, also a refrigerator and microwave.
There is a large eating area for breakfast downstairs and a typical menu for a free breakfast, but with a little bit more, such as more than one flavor/style of yogurt, croissants as well as bagels, and turley sausage.
Now the reason for our double queen beds: We had a two night reservation booked with an AARP rate; due to heavy rain in the area around Lubbock, we decided not to drive up until Saturday so i called Friday morning to ask to have the night's stay cancelled. I was told that was done, but when we got to Lubbock Saturday afternoon, it turns out BOTH nights had been cancelled and we had no reservation. The manager on duty found us a room in the hotel, I am happy to say, which is a feat for a football weekend at Tech. The desk staff were extremely courteous and helpful with the problem. But I didn't realize until I got home that I had been charged the rack rate, not the discounted rate I had for the other room; I emailed the hotel and they promptly credited the difference.
This is an excellent place to stay in Lubbock. If you make reservations early (book for the next football season in December), you can get really reasonable rates, then you can cancel the weekends you don't need when you know which games wou'll be attending.

• Liked — Location, room decoration, beds and pillows
  • Disliked — Not walking distance to restuarants
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in my life and I can honestly say that the time my family and I spent at this Hampton Inn was an absolute pleasure. Everything about my stay was top notch. Everyone was friendly and the room was extremely clean and very roomy. Even my kids noticed the "extra" touches that this hotel offers. Great job Hampton we will definetly be staying here again. B. Webb

Stayed August 2008
San Antonio
Reviewed April 14, 2008

Just got back from a two-night stay at the new Hampton Inn and Suites in Lubbock. What a nice stay! Here's the scoop:

I had to make the drive from San Antonio to Lubbock due to the chaotic flight schedules this past weekend. It was 6PM when I called the hotel to make them aware of my situation and that I would be arriving within the hour. The front desk was very sympathetic and assured me that my room would be ready for me upon arrival. When I arrived, the front desk agents were very friendly and accommodating. Great first impression!

I had a King Non-Smoking room, booked on points. The one drawback to the stay was the fact that there was no microwave and fridge in the room as advertised by the hotel website. Not a big deal for me but if it is for you, check with the hotel on which rooms have these extra amenities.

The room was spacious for a King bedded room. You'll find a nice 32'' LCD TV in the corner. The channel selection is not much but you do get HBO, ESPN, and ESPN2 in high definition for free, as well as in-room movies in high definition for a nominal fee. The bed was extremely comfortable, so much so that I missed breakfast on both days because I slept in! The King rooms have a shower only but I liked having the extra room you don't normally get with a shower/tub combination.

The staff was great during the whole stay! My girlfriend and I forgot to pick up some plastic forks and knives for our dinner that we ordered in for. One call to the front desk and five minutes later, a staff member brought two sets of utensils right to our door. We were acknowledged whenever we went by the front desk. These folks know how to treat their guests!

I loved staying here. I will definitely visit this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2007
Midland, TX
Reviewed March 8, 2008

This newish Hampton Inn is out on the southwest loop. It is nice. It was a little expensive for a place to stay just overnight. I believe it was $139.00. But, George Strait was in town, and it was not easy to find a hotel, so we were lucky to have a nice, clean place to stay. One of the elevators was broken part of the time we were there, but was fixed pretty quickly. The free breakfast was standard with juices, milk, cereal, scrambled eggs, and biscuits, plus coffee. The room we had was very nice. It was large with a small sofa and a nice flat screen TV. It also had a tiny coffe maker which is always nice. I think they called our room a king studio so it was probably a step up from their plain ole rooms which would have been fine for us but like I said this was all that was available in a non-smoking room on this particular evening. The parking lot is well lighted so it didn't seem spooky when we drove in kind of late a night. It was pretty quiet even though I know one high school baseball team was staying there. We didn't even hear them until after 9:00 AM and then, they were not offensive, at all. The bed was comforable, but the comforter was strange. It was a big fluffy thing that was hard to manage. It was a cold night in West Texas so you needed a blanket, but this one was hard to handle. But, all in all, this is a nice hotel. The staff was friendly and handled our reservation without problems. It's in an area where lots of other new hotels are. It's right next door to the Arbor Inn, which I noticed is rated #1 in Lubbock. If you can't get in there, you might try the Hampton. It's just fine.

• Liked — Nice room
  • Disliked — A little expensive