This is a great option for Lubbock. Over the last 9 years, when we visited 5 - 10 times a year because our kids were at Texas Tech, we have stayed in a lot of hotels around the city and this one would be our new favorite if we were going back. It is located just off the west side of the Loop which makes for easy access (avoiding school/city traffic) when entering and leaving town.
We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds instead of our usual king (see story below), so there wasn't any room for an armchair but otherwise the room had plenty of space. The bathroom had a pretty dresser cabinet for the sink, lots of towel hooks on the walls and a toilet with a seat lid (I hate not having a place to lay my clothes.) Water pressure in the shower was light but the stream was full and steady. My husband forgot shaving cream and the front desk was able to provide that.
The beds were extremely comfortable and there were lots of pillows. The duvet cover was a little heavy for the season so we had to keep the AC lower to not roast under the duvet. Good window coverings for blocking out light; large flat screen TV in the room, also a refrigerator and microwave.
There is a large eating area for breakfast downstairs and a typical menu for a free breakfast, but with a little bit more, such as more than one flavor/style of yogurt, croissants as well as bagels, and turley sausage.
Now the reason for our double queen beds: We had a two night reservation booked with an AARP rate; due to heavy rain in the area around Lubbock, we decided not to drive up until Saturday so i called Friday morning to ask to have the night's stay cancelled. I was told that was done, but when we got to Lubbock Saturday afternoon, it turns out BOTH nights had been cancelled and we had no reservation. The manager on duty found us a room in the hotel, I am happy to say, which is a feat for a football weekend at Tech. The desk staff were extremely courteous and helpful with the problem. But I didn't realize until I got home that I had been charged the rack rate, not the discounted rate I had for the other room; I emailed the hotel and they promptly credited the difference.
This is an excellent place to stay in Lubbock. If you make reservations early (book for the next football season in December), you can get really reasonable rates, then you can cancel the weekends you don't need when you know which games wou'll be attending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites is a very nice elegant place of stay for all types of travelers whether you are family traveling to get away or visiting family here or you are here for business. We offer a Deluxe Continental Breakfast with an on site hostess. Very friendly and helpful staff to help accommodate you and meet your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest Hotel Lubbock
- Hampton Inn And Suites Lubbock Southwest
- Hampton Inn Lubbock
- Lubbock Hampton Inn