“Good value and great service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Lubbock, Texas
“Good value and great service”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Lubbock was very nice. Can't say much for the town. I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door by Kim. She got me checked in very quickly, told me about the dinner that was available. The wine choices were very nice. Reminded me of breakfast and signed me up for Hilton Honors. She is fun and very pleasant. The kind of person you want to see at the end of a 13 hour day.

Room was very nice and comfortable. Clean and cool.

I'll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let Kim know that she helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were in town for the weekend of March 8 for a weather symposium at the science spectrum just down the road. I reserved two rooms and elected to upgrade one to a suite upon arrival. I was astonished to find out dinner is served nightly. I'm talking about a complete dinner (one night was Lasagna) with open-tap beer, wine, and all the drinks you could want. The food was great! The rooms were spacious and in good condition. Staff were quite friendly and helpful.

If I would have one complaint it would be the bathroom light turns off automatically after about 10-15 minutes. The light switch is on the outside of the bathroom wall which makes it difficult when you're in the middle of a shower. Nevertheless this is a wonderful hotel and it is easily understandable why it's the highest-rated hotel in Lubbock.

Room Tip: If possible get a king-size room verses one with two-queen beds. The king size rooms are much more s...
Green Features: Being a storm chaser I tend to be kind to mother nature and be green when possible. However, that does not mean I want my light to go out while I'm in the middle of a shower.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
Littleton, CO
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had an overnight stay while on a short visit to Lubbock. Very friendly people and clean room. Was surprised that they had an evening buffet and complimentary adult beverages. Good consistent Hampton breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and your stay. Sometimes the short stay end up being the best stays. I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of our evening reception and relax.
We hope to see you soon!

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed April 2, 2014

my stay there was wonderful. i felt so at home there. the receptionist kim zion was the best of the best. i usually open the doors to find a stranger at the front desk but kim changed that! :) and the beds were so comfy!

1 Thank Devon F
Kim is one the newest members of our team, and so happy that she showed you the warmth of her Hamptonality.
We truly pride ourselves on making our guests feel like their at home. So when I told her that she helped make your stay comfy she'll be ecstatic. Thank you for taking the time to give a review.

We hope to see you soon!

Mancos, Colorado
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My son was looking forward to staying in a Hampton Inn on our vacation and this is where we spent our last night (and only Hampton stay during the trip) and he wasn't disappointed. Easy checkin (we got some cookies just before they were gone!) ... clean, comfortable accommodations. Breakfast was nice and the staff was friendly. The best thing about staying at a Hampton Inn is their consistency - you know what you're going to get when you stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at our property while here in Lubbock. I'm so happy that you were once again able to feel the warmth of our Hamptonality and cookies. :-)
All the guests love the cookies especially when they first just walk in.
I'm also glad you were able to enjoy the most important meal of the day.

We hope to see you soon, have safe travels!

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The room was fantastic! Large very clean. The staff was very courteous. The price for that size room was very reasonable and the breakfast buffet was great!!!! Good selections kept very clean and well stocked. Overall this is a hotel we would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I will let the staff know that they helped make your trip great! Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
Cape Coral, Fl, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travel to Lubbock 5x annually. Since my first stay, the staff has always remained professional and consistent with excellent service. Therefore, my return and subsequent visits to Lubbock, will include the Hampton Inn. My fellow associates will also guest with me during those weeks

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let they staff know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.