“Friendly staff, good experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had an overnight stay while on a short visit to Lubbock. Very friendly people and clean room. Was surprised that they had an evening buffet and complimentary adult beverages. Good consistent Hampton breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and your stay. Sometimes the short stay end up being the best stays. I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of our evening reception and relax.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

my stay there was wonderful. i felt so at home there. the receptionist kim zion was the best of the best. i usually open the doors to find a stranger at the front desk but kim changed that! :) and the beds were so comfy!

1  Thank Devon F

Kim is one the newest members of our team, and so happy that she showed you the warmth of her Hamptonality.
We truly pride ourselves on making our guests feel like their at home. So when I told her that she helped make your stay comfy she'll be ecstatic. Thank you for taking the time to give a review.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My son was looking forward to staying in a Hampton Inn on our vacation and this is where we spent our last night (and only Hampton stay during the trip) and he wasn't disappointed. Easy checkin (we got some cookies just before they were gone!) ... clean, comfortable accommodations. Breakfast was nice and the staff was friendly. The best thing about staying at a Hampton Inn is their consistency - you know what you're going to get when you stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at our property while here in Lubbock. I'm so happy that you were once again able to feel the warmth of our Hamptonality and cookies. :-)
All the guests love the cookies especially when they first just walk in.
I'm also glad you were able to enjoy the most important meal of the day.

We hope to see you soon, have safe travels!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The room was fantastic! Large very clean. The staff was very courteous. The price for that size room was very reasonable and the breakfast buffet was great!!!! Good selections kept very clean and well stocked. Overall this is a hotel we would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I will let the staff know that they helped make your trip great! Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travel to Lubbock 5x annually. Since my first stay, the staff has always remained professional and consistent with excellent service. Therefore, my return and subsequent visits to Lubbock, will include the Hampton Inn. My fellow associates will also guest with me during those weeks

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let they staff know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

There's a Harley Shop within walking distance --lots of noise, especially Sat. morning. There are no tubs for my kids to bathe in, and no fridges to store food/perishables. The staff was VERY accomodating and the guests weren't too noisy.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hampton Inn's across the board are great hotels. I like the consistency of them, they are all pretty much the same as far as what the rooms are like, cleanliness, personnel, etc. That appeals to me, as I know exactly what I am walking in to. This is not my "normal" hotel in Lubbock, but I am definitely keeping it on my list of where I can stay in Lubbock, and will probably start staying there more often when I travel there (frequently). Prices were right where I expected them to be for a Hampton, room was nice and clean, and service was great. The only negatives I can think of were the toilet would make a noise every once in a while (maybe once every hour or so), which was easy to deal with by just shutting the bathroom door; and the bathroom light is controlled by motion that the sensor is outside the door, and turned off on me during a shower (which I had to open the door and wave my hand in front of to get back on). Maybe it was a long shower, but either way, I think there should be a little more time added to the timer to allow for people who enjoy longer showers, or just a regular switch to turn the light on with. Overall, a great stay again at another Hampton Inn! Definitely the hotel chain of choice for me with business travel.

Room Tip: For the price, an upgrade to a suite is a good idea: larger rooms and away from the elevators. Alth...