“Clean rooms, great location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Lubbock
Keller, Texas
“Clean rooms, great location”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hampton Inn's across the board are great hotels. I like the consistency of them, they are all pretty much the same as far as what the rooms are like, cleanliness, personnel, etc. That appeals to me, as I know exactly what I am walking in to. This is not my "normal" hotel in Lubbock, but I am definitely keeping it on my list of where I can stay in Lubbock, and will probably start staying there more often when I travel there (frequently). Prices were right where I expected them to be for a Hampton, room was nice and clean, and service was great. The only negatives I can think of were the toilet would make a noise every once in a while (maybe once every hour or so), which was easy to deal with by just shutting the bathroom door; and the bathroom light is controlled by motion that the sensor is outside the door, and turned off on me during a shower (which I had to open the door and wave my hand in front of to get back on). Maybe it was a long shower, but either way, I think there should be a little more time added to the timer to allow for people who enjoy longer showers, or just a regular switch to turn the light on with. Overall, a great stay again at another Hampton Inn! Definitely the hotel chain of choice for me with business travel.

Room Tip: For the price, an upgrade to a suite is a good idea: larger rooms and away from the elevators. Alth...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review of our hotel! I appreciate your kind words and great feedback. I will definitely look into what we can do to get our motion detectors to stay on a bit longer. I will also get with our maintenance team to remedy our running toilets. We look forward to your next trip to Lubbock, because we love having you here! SAFE TRAVELS!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love the room - it was huge and very comfortable. I appreciated being on the first floor...except who ever was in the room above me was terribly noisy without any let-up. The staff was so very helpful. This facility served wine, beer, cheese, salad and lasagna! It was very pleasant!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let they staff know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed March 3, 2014

While I don't remember submitting reviews through TripAdvisor in the past, I very much value the comments that people leave on here and always consult the site before booking a hotel, ALWAYS. I booked my room at this location due to the overwhelming majority of fantastic reviews, but my experience with the management here been disappointing.

My husband and I stayed here in Dec 2013 while visiting our friends who are living in Lubbock. Part of the reason I chose this property was because of the free shuttle service advertised on the website. Before booking, I called to inquire about the shuttle and was told that it runs regularly during daytime hours, would provide transport to and from the airport, and could be requested after 8pm or so if we called the front desk first. Such service would completely eliminate our need to rent a car so I booked it.

We were picked up by a friendly and helpful driver. We checked in, put our bags up in our room, and headed downstairs where our friends picked us up. We called that evening to request a shuttle and were told that there was nobody to drive the shuttle at night -- a little disappointing since I was told that the shuttle could still be requested at night -- so our friend took us back.

The next morning we had breakfast in the lobby and were very pleased with the food. We returned to our room to shower and things took a turn for the worse. My shower was less than lukewarm in the beginning and quickly turned cold. Not what you want when there's ice on the ground outside. By the time my husband went to get in the shower he had no water, NONE. No toilet, no sink, no shower. I called the front desk and was informed that they were having problems with hot water on our side of the property and would have to keep the water off while making repairs. The water came on within the next 30-40 minutes. This made us late to meet with our friends.

Frustrated by our lack of shuttle service the night before, my husband called again to inquire about getting a shuttle back to the hotel. He was told that they would have to contact a driver to pick us up. This was not an option the night before and all of a sudden there's an option to contact a shuttle driver for us? Interesting. I was happy this worked out but the inconsistency was a bit frustrating.

We go back up to our room to discover that housekeeping had never stopped by. We had not left any sort of tag hanging on our door to keep them out of our room. Disappointing.

A week following our stay, I received an email from Hampton Inn asking me to review my stay. I sent rating and comments (reflecting what you see here). I received email replies from Angela Lacy and Todrick Gibbs recognizing my concerns. Ms. Lacy offered my money back or a voucher for a future stay at the property. I responded with a request for my money back. I never received a response.

I contacted Christina Gandhi on Jan 11 at the e-mail address provided by Mr. Gibbs to explain that I never received a response and asked her how I should proceed. No response from Ms. Gandhi.

One week later, I submitted my comments through Hampton Inn's website. I was contacted by the general manager of a different property in Lubbock who explained that my comments were sent to him in error but that he would reach out to Ms. Gandhi and Hilton Guest Assistance on my behalf.

Here we are, two and half months following my stay and I have not received the follow up that I have requested.

I was going to submit this last week but decided to give them one last chance. I called the property and asked to speak with Ms. Gandhi. Instead, I was transferred to Ms. Lacy who said that I had been issued a service recovery (ie. refund) and she insisted that she had responded to my emails in the past (I checked my inbox, spam folder..nothing). I explained that I never received a refund. Ms. Lacy explained that because I prepaid for my room online through the website the refund would have to come from corporate instead of the individual property and that corporate did not like issuing refunds or something to that effect. She apologized, said she would follow up with corporate, and promised to contact me the next day and would look into mailing me a check. Three days went by and I sent her a message, once again, inquiring about my refund. So, one week following my last contact with Ms. Lacy I have received NO RESPONSE, NO SIGN OF A REFUND. I had even asked "when will I hear from you" and she said "tomorrow". Is it so much for me to ask that someone follows through??? And I would love if someone would send me copies of these email that were allegedly sent to me about the refund that was issued but that I never received.

The intention of my initial comments regarding my stay was to inform management of my less than satisfactory experience at their property so they could work on their service for future guests. Maybe they should have offered to move me to a room with a working shower on the other side of the property, maybe they should work on better communication to their guests about how/when their shuttle service operates, maybe they should follow up with housekeeping to find out why our room was not serviced, etc. I had never inquired about getting my money back or anything in return but when it was offered I was happy to accept. So, when I have attempted to follow up on this offer and have received no response I feel like I am being ignored and now I am angry. VERY ANGRY.

I am frustrated when I come to this page to see that Ms. Gandhi has responded to positive reviews but never bothered to address my complaints. This experience was entirely frustrating and disappointing and should not go unnoticed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Melissa C
Reviewed March 2, 2014

staff very friendly and helpful. very pretty inside and out. everything/everywhere very, very clean. bathroom supplies replaced daily. free breakfast had tons of choices and waffles were great. also has complimentary drinks in evening(we didn't make that). good location and very quiet. had no complaints. will be back next year and will plan on staying here again, for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let the staff know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Virginia
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at Hampton Inn Lubbock. The reception and other staff were welcoming, friendly, and very helpful. Complimentary drinks and food were of high quality. Room was very clean and pleasant, quiet too. Would definitely stay at this hotel next time we are in Lubbock.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Memphis, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The chairs in the breakfast area were filthy, the shower was in need of repair, the scent when I arrived was sickening. Needs updating. Location was excellent for my needs, staff was friendly and helpful. Manager's reception is offered which is a welcome amenity.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Margaret E
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Christina Gandhi
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Thank you Angie and Todrick for making my week long stay at Hampton inn enjoyable! Your exceptional customer service and outgoing personality really impressed me!! thanks again and will make sure to stay at your location when i return to Lubbock!

Room Tip: rooms are above expectation!! managers happy hour and dinner are the best!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel and my team members.
Angie and Todrick are our all-stars for the our hotel and truly love what they do. I'm so happy you were able to experience the warmth of our Hamptonality.

We hope to see you soon!

Christina Gandhi