“Would be 5 stars rating if it weren't for the awful breakfast”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family and I stayed over a weekend in one of the double queen studio suites. The room is very spacious and accommodated our family of 5 quite nicely. The members of staff we encountered were top notch and are a credit to the hotel. Forgive me but I can only remember the name of one of them which I believe was Richard. He was one of the reception team members that assisted us and even brought up additional towels and pillows when I requested them. His smile and great service attitude are nothing short of amazing. The young lady who registered us in early was more than welcoming, even though we arrived a few hours before the official check-in time. Our room happened to just be ready and she gladly accommodated our request for early check-in.
I was a bit disappointed that we were not informed of the Manager's Evening Reception by any of the staff. I actually stumbled in by accident when I wanted to walk around the hotel to familiarise myself with the layout. Although the offerings were very minimal, I did enjoy a dietCoke while surfing on the free Wi-Fi that is offered for the guests in the breakfast room area (same area where the evening reception is held).
Now on to the not so "good" part of our stay. The breakfast is nicely laid out, but the taste and quality of the offerings is less than desirable. The only items that had great quality and wonderful taste was the home-made waffles. I suppose it was great because they are freshly made before your eyes. I served myself a plate of "eggs" and sausage along with a croissant. I have to be brutally honest, I did not finish anything on that plate as the eggs tasted like they were microwaved and were thus tasteless, a bit on the dry side and having absolutely no flavour. The sausage was "ok" and the croissant was very dry and lacking in flavour. Even my nieces refused to eat any of it because it was so bad. But I suppose when you're offering a "free" breakfast, you would try to do it as cheaply as possible. Mission accomplished.
Please don't get me wrong about the hotel, it is a beautiful property with wonderful staff. The only downfall is that awful breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ArtesiaBulldogs
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Good afternoon!
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am glad you had a good stay with us, and we definitely look forward to having you back. As for the breakfast, I truly do apologize. We do pride ourselves in wanting to be the best hotel in Lubbock, and we have since remedied our breakfast by eliminating the microwave all together. The next time you are in Lubbock, please come stay with us again so we can make it up to you and your family! SAFE TRAVELS!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great This requirement is stupid.....Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great This requirement is stupid.....Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great This requirement is stupid.....Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great This requirement is stupid.....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review and choosing Hampton!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a full time traveler and once in a while someone knocks your socks off. I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel thanks to Christina Ghandi. Can I have a different room "sure, let me take care of that for you". Later on, Can I have a copy of my bill tonight "sure, let me bring that to your room.". Do you know of a Chinese restaurant that delivers "sure, can I bring that menu up to your room?". And the icing on the cake was when I needed to scan 25 pages to my company and she says "may I do that for you?". Christina...you are awesome!! Oh, and the room was nice too:) Hampton's are consistent, that is why I love all of the Hilton properties!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CGANDHI23, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Good afternoon!
My name is Erin and I am the Sales Director and Christina is our GM. She normally writes these reviews, but since this one was about her; I took this opportunity to respond. We do pride ourselves on our customer service, and all of that comes from Christina. She always tells us, whatever the guest wants, make it happen. I am so glad that you had a good stay, and we do look forward to your next stays with us! SAFE TRAVELS!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Real quick trip into Lubbock to catch flight early next morning so did not experience Breakfast -- check in was quick and rooms are standard HI&S style -- Internet was fast. There are 3/4 restaurants close by and Joe's Crab Shack is within walking distance (3-minutes). For those traveling and looking for something for the kids to do or a break from just sitting in the room -- there is a very nice movie theater within walking distance from the hotel (5-min).

Staff was friendly and accomodating. Property seems to be new given condition of rooms and common areas. Gym is standard size with couple of cardio deviced.....and some weight equipment. Good value for money spent.

Good afternoon!
Thank you for your lovely review! I am so glad that you were pleased with your stay. I am very excited you mentioned the internet and the Fitness Center. We had several complaints about both a few months ago. We changed internet providers, as well as, remodeled our Fitness Center. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review of our hotel; and we look forward to your next stay with us! SAFE TRAVELS!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We choose Hamptons for their cleanliness and their breakfasts. This edition falls short in both categories. What the housekeeping staff can clean, is clean. But the carpets and curtains are not. Don't wear light colored slip-ons in the room. And the breakfast offerings don't match Hampton's usual standards. The breakfast staff are helpful but they can't warm the coffee and find better quality fruit and keep the waffle iron working.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for your review. I truly apologize for any inconvenience we caused, but I appreciate the review you submitted. This really gives us on idea how we can improve our service and cleanliness.
Since your review we went and detailed the carpets in our guestrooms and we have discussed with the breakfast hostess about making sure everything is up to standard and fresh for our guests.
We are about Satisfaction Guarantee, so if you have any further comments or concerns feel free to call me at 806-797-9600 or email me at christina.gandhi@hilton.com.

Thanks!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

There are two Hampton Inns in Lubbock. They are just down the road from each other. We stayed at the other one two years ago. This one is just as nice as the first one. Nice clean quiet room. Comfortable bed, nice TV, and hot breakfast. We try to stay at Hampton Inns when we travel. We have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let the entire staff know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Christina Gandhi

Reviewed June 16, 2013

First, let me start by saying the staff here (Hampton Inn, 5614 Englewood, Lubbock) was exceptionally friendly and attentive and the location was excellent. We had an incident where we were awakened at 2:30 a.m. by what sounded like someone throwing a ball against the wall over and over. We were on the top floor and knew it wasn't coming from above us and even looked out the window to see if we could see anyone, but saw nothing. After about 30 minutes of hoping it would stop and deciding that it had to be coming from the room next to us, I called the front desk and spoke to Natasha who assured me she would be up to check on it. After another 15 minutes the noise persisted and I called the front desk and spoke to Natasha a second time explaining the noise had not stopped. She said she was just about to come up, but that perhaps it would get quicker results if she just called the room in question. Within a few minutes all was quiet and we resumed a restful nights sleep in our most comfortable, clean bed! Natasha was extremely pleasant and helpful and never seemed aggravated by our calls!!

Good afternoon,
Thank you so much for your review. I want to start off by apologizing for the inconvenience in the night. However, I am so pleased the Natasha was able to get you taken care of. We look forward to having you stay with us again, if you are ever back in Lubbock. SAFE TRAVELS!