My family and I stayed over a weekend in one of the double queen studio suites. The room is very spacious and accommodated our family of 5 quite nicely. The members of staff we encountered were top notch and are a credit to the hotel. Forgive me but I can only remember the name of one of them which I believe was Richard. He was one of the reception team members that assisted us and even brought up additional towels and pillows when I requested them. His smile and great service attitude are nothing short of amazing. The young lady who registered us in early was more than welcoming, even though we arrived a few hours before the official check-in time. Our room happened to just be ready and she gladly accommodated our request for early check-in.
I was a bit disappointed that we were not informed of the Manager's Evening Reception by any of the staff. I actually stumbled in by accident when I wanted to walk around the hotel to familiarise myself with the layout. Although the offerings were very minimal, I did enjoy a dietCoke while surfing on the free Wi-Fi that is offered for the guests in the breakfast room area (same area where the evening reception is held).
Now on to the not so "good" part of our stay. The breakfast is nicely laid out, but the taste and quality of the offerings is less than desirable. The only items that had great quality and wonderful taste was the home-made waffles. I suppose it was great because they are freshly made before your eyes. I served myself a plate of "eggs" and sausage along with a croissant. I have to be brutally honest, I did not finish anything on that plate as the eggs tasted like they were microwaved and were thus tasteless, a bit on the dry side and having absolutely no flavour. The sausage was "ok" and the croissant was very dry and lacking in flavour. Even my nieces refused to eat any of it because it was so bad. But I suppose when you're offering a "free" breakfast, you would try to do it as cheaply as possible. Mission accomplished.
Please don't get me wrong about the hotel, it is a beautiful property with wonderful staff. The only downfall is that awful breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites is a very nice elegant place of stay for all types of travelers whether you are family traveling to get away or visiting family here or you are here for business. We offer a Deluxe Continental Breakfast with an on site hostess. Very friendly and helpful staff to help accommodate you and meet your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Lubbock Southwest
- Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest Hotel Lubbock
- Hampton Inn Lubbock
- Lubbock Hampton Inn